The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'Wave Presentation (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 01:49, WalterPlinge wrote:
I thought "Choose Your Queen" was exactly the same as B'Wave?
http://www.magictricks.com/choose-your-queen.html

In the demo video, the spectator is given a free choice of all 4 suits! The only explanation is that the wallet is gaffed, although it doesn't look like a H****r wallet.

Regarding a similar effect: Does anyone think "Dream Queen" is stronger than B'Wave, because in the former you get a free choice of all 4 suits even though you can't show the other 3 cards as blanks?

Anyone familiar with these B'Wave-like effects?

Thanks,

Walter
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I have Dream Queen. If you use a himber wallet for B'Wave, then you can freely choose any suit of queen or card you are using. I use a plastic black card holder and carry both red and black suits on two different sides. However, the suggestion of a Himber wallet is interesting. I may give it a try. The wallet is just like keeping them in my plastic black card holder. However, the advantages are two. I can open the wallet in front of the spectators and clearly show only four cards, show the wallet front and back, and also do not need to use magicians choice. I will just allow the spectator to hold the wallet as previously suggested. I do not think the spectators will know what a Himber Wallet is and they will not see any other cards.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2003, Greg Arce wrote:
I've looked in the archives, but couldn't find what I wrote up so here goes:
You approach a spectator and put the packet of cards down and somewhere near them. You say, "Do you mind if we try an experiment of the imagination?" Usually they say Yes. "Good. Now remember is just our imagination so it can't go wrong. (I point to the pile of cards.) Can you imagine that's a full pack of cards? (they say or nod Yes) Good! Great!. Now imagine I reach into that full pack of cards and pull out some cards... but I turn them over and I see I've pulled out all the queens... can you imagine that? (I mime all my actions and finally hold up an imaginery fan of four cards.) Now imagine I take two of the queens and place them back into the full pack of cards... and they're the same color. Did I put back the black queens or the red? (I mime these actions and no matter what they say I say) Great! We're right in sync. Okay, so now we have the red queens in the pack. (Whatever they say I make the statement that fits... if he put back the black queens then it's "Well, now I have the red queens in my hand) Okay, I want you to imagine that I turned over one of the queens....Did I turnover the queen of hearts or Diamonds. Great! Diamonds. We're definitely in sync. Okay, so we started with a full pack of cards then imagine just four them then down to two the one card and only one card. The queen of diamonds. I knew you would think of one card andonly one card the queen of diamonds... look. (I spread the cards to show the diamonds face up.) But I knew you would think of one card and only one... the queen of diamonds so to proveit I pulled it from another pack ( I turn over the card to show the different back) But I was so sure that you would think of one care and one card only...The queen of Diamonds... I was so sure that I put no other cards on the table. ( I turn over the other cards to show blanks.
Here are the fine points: Never do an Elmsley with this effect. It's a mental effect not a magic effect. In my presentation never mention numbers of cards. I only say the word Two when we are supposedly down to the color of queens. Even when I reveal the blanks I say no other cards, not and these three are blank. Keep mentioning that you startedwith a full deck of cards and went down to one card. I have had several people walk away talking about how they could have said any card.
Greg

Looks great to me this presentation.

Thanks for sharing.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
I believe it drains a fair amount of the strength of the effect .... but one could use even a packet wallet with 2 packets Black/Red suits set up. Open the wallet to produce the needed packet for the reveal. Part of the gripping power of this routine is having the cards in plain view, untouched by anyone, from the start to the reveal. Well crafted equivoke will preserve the effect and make the wallet, really, unnecessary. Himber or a nimbly handled ungaffed wallet ... whole other effect on the participant/spectators.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
How about the not so famous the G wave, by the godfather
https://youtu.be/17Jj-69B76Y

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
How this script sounds for B'wave?

"Okay, let's try an experiment with your imagination. Imagine that I have here the 4 queens.

Now I'm going to remove 2 of these queens and leave them there on the table, which ones did I remove, the black or red queens? The choice is yours. The black queens, the queen of spades ♠️ and clubs? Are you sure? It's your choice. Good, I removed the black ones then. We are in perfect harmony.

That's, in my hand I have the ...? red ones, very good. Now I'm going to turn face up one of these red queens, in your imagination did I turn face up the queen of hearts or the queen of diamonds? Again it's up to you to decide. The queen of ♦️, are you sure? It's your choice. Okay. I knew you were the perfect person for this and you had a great imagination because the queen facing up is in fact the queen of ♦️.

Of course you may think that this was luck or just a coincidence. But luck has nothing to do with it, and the proof is that the queen of diamonds is from a different deck.

And I was so convinced that you were a person with such a good imagination that the queen of ♦️ is the only queen in the pack."

If they choose to remove reds:

"I remove the red queens, the queen of ♥️ and the queen of ♦️? Are you sure? The choice is yours. Very well. We are in perfect harmony. Of these 2 queens on the table I turn one up, which one should I turn, the queen of ♥️ or the queen of ♦️? Again, the decision is yours. The queen of ♦️. Are you sure? Perfect, I then turn the queen of diamonds face up and put them back in the deck. I knew you were the perfect person for this and you had a great imagination because the queen that is face up is in fact the queen of ♦️."
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I never ask a participant, "Are you sure?" It makes for an awkward moment. Of course they're not sure: they're just playing along with your game.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, ddyment wrote:
I never ask a participant, "Are you sure?" It makes for an awkward moment. Of course they're not sure: they're just playing along with your game.

Thanks

Helder
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Quote:

I like this response. I find asking also just sounds hinky ... maybe in a specific routine, it can be used for dramatic effect. Lile right before a reveal (with sly gron).

The script has a lot going for it. It is clear and easy for the spectators and participant to follow the plot. A Magician can "ask" that question many ways and not clog up the dialog ... non-verbals can be very direct. Raised eyebrows and slight head tilt can convey the same question, though I don't see many ever changing their minds anyway. I suggest a similar thought process with repeating the word "choice" so often. Once to place it in their awareness and subconscious ... then use cues/gestures to imply the repeats. Letting their minds fill in the blacks allows them to tell themselves more of the story ... let them find their way with occasional breadcrumbs on the trail rather than pulling them every step.
Nick Sasso
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Helder, I sent you a PM with a couple other thoughts/ideas/notes. If they don't fit for your vision, feel free to discard.
Nick Sasso
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
So. PM doesn't have a fi9le upload option. I'll try here.

Click here to view/download attached file.
Nick Sasso
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
KungFuMagic posted:
Quote:
Quote:

I like this response. I find asking also just sounds hinky ... maybe in a specific routine, it can be used for dramatic effect. Lile right before a reveal (with sly gron).

I understand the desire to make a moment more dramatic. I am still strongly disinclined to do so by asking "Are you sure?" (again, because you're asking a question to which you clearly know the answer: no, they're not sure).

I would heighten the drama PRIOR to asking them to make the choice. "Now, Mary, I'm going to ask you to make a decision that will forever alter the course of your life. I'm going to ask you to [whatever, say choose between Hearts and Diamonds]. I don't want you you to make the choice frivolously, without thought. Consider it seriously, because once you have chosen, you cannot change your mind. And tonight, when you're trying to fall asleep, you'll be thinking, 'What if I had chosen the other one?' And you'll never know. So right now, Mary, which will you choose, Hearts or Diamonds?"

This is just an off-the-cuff example, of course, and the wording might not fit your persona. But I hope I've made my point.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, KungFuMagic wrote:
So. PM doesn't have a fi9le upload option. I'll try here.

WOW, thanks a lot, that was amazing.

Did the changes as you and Doug Dyment suggested.

Thanks to both

Helder

PS: KungFuMagic check pm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'Wave Presentation (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL