The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Billy McComb half dyed silk question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicands
View Profile
New user
Coventry - England
32 Posts

Profile of magicands
Hi everybody,
I'm currently running Billy McCombs half dyed silk routine and wanted to ask how he makes the Red silk pop out of the bottom of his dye tube without pulling on it, it simply makes a magical appearance when he wants it to.
I have tried and tried to emulate this but all to no avail.
The youtube video can be found here and the silk pops out after 10.40 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mml2pshK......lts_main

Thanks,
Gary
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
The only thing I can think of is that he has the tube so tight that when he pushes the white silk into it comes out on its own. Then he holds it back with his pinky, then lets it popped out. Correct me if I’m wrong guys.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
That's what I do. I've been doing the color change thru hand since 1947, and I admit, I've missed occasionally.(Don't tell my mother!)
'
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Right on the money.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Billy's detailed handling can be found in the instructions that come with the trick from Abbott's. I have two sets and audiences LOVE this trick.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I think if you run with correct dye tube that comes with the silks at Abbott's you will not have to run any longer, and all will become clear.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The Half-Dyed Hank tubes that come with Billy's Routine from Abbott's are built like Sherman Tanks and, when put in a sock, make for great protection in bad neighborhoods.

By the way. I suggest reading Billy's routine IN DETAIL for his important and subtle handling and presentation tips....they make all the difference in the World in the presentation.....
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To download the Billy McComb instructions is only $4.00 U.S. that about 2.50 U.K.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Instant-Instr......oryId=-1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Billy McComb half dyed silk question. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL