The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blaines Heartache... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
thanx for the link, i enjoyed it but i dont think it was psychic surgery, other principles at work maybe?
BUT please DONT COPY IT GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING OF YOU OWN THATS EVEN BETTER
rolandblais
View Profile
New user
Fernley, NV
6 Posts

Profile of rolandblais
I can think of 3 distict "effects" tied together that can recreate what he did. I have to agree though - lydonwebb is right about not going out and copying it. Unfortunately it will be - I was on ebay yesterday and did a search for "David Blaine" - like 99.9% of the hits were for cd-roms and vcd's of exposing his tricks - the remainder were for recordings of the shows.

When I was a kid I became a huge fan of Harry Anderson. I reverse engineered all his tricks (except the needle thru arm, I had to wait till I was earning a paycheck to be able to buy it), I learned a few new swindles, and had an act put together that revolved around hustles - not taking anyone, mind you, but more of a light-hearted demonstration on some of the infinite ways to "shear a sheep." I did everything short of buying a Fedora in trying to be a "Flim Flam man," like my idol, Harry Anderson. I'm glad I didn't - Harry the Hat wasn't my character - and eventually it would have caught up with me. But I learned a lot and to this day am still a Huge fan.

No if I could just figure out a way for my new idea, ripping out my brain, although ask my ex-wife and she'll tell you its already been done.

Peace,
R
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I am actually a big fan DB's he
re-interested me when i thought i had lost my touch, i do get asked if i can perform such and such from his reportoire. My answer NO but i can do something he cant.
Then hit them with something simple like a self-working card trick (or maybe not)
mclare
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of mclare
It's a great stunt, and a testament to self-publicity. Any magician wanting to copy it is only going to belittle it in some small way. And himself.
I love Blaine! I hope he keeps moving forward with it. The pole thing kind of felt a bit flat, at least in the UK - what do we think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blaines Heartache... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL