The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Completely Nuts by Brian O'Neill » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Completely Nuts by Brian O'Neill
----------oOo----------

Effect & description: This classic, unavailable for more than thirty years, is back and better than ever!

Long off the market due to the fact that manufacturing of the special gimmick was near impossible. This impossible vanish and reappearance of three real walnuts into a covered drinking glass will drop the jaws of any audience!

Originally invented by Marc Jacobs who showed the trick to Milt Kort who, in turn, showed the trick to Dai Vernon, and it became one of the Professor's most coveted and powerful effects! Brian O'Neill has taken the time to manufacture a perfect replica of the original Vernon masterpiece!

You are supplied with everything you'll need to perform this effect as Brian has reworked this classic effect from scratch, offering 2 routines -- one for the beginner and one for more advanced students of magic: Simply Nuts - A routine with a very simple vanish that just about anyone can do and Completely Nuts - A routine that gives you a complete vanish of each nut before they reappear in the glass!

Both routines are included on the DVD in a package that includes both subtle gimmicks needed to accomplish this long forgotten miracle featured by Milt Kort, Harry Riser, and Dai Vernon
------------------------------------------
Okay, you've read the ad copy, but does the effect and equipment supplied deliver the goods? I am happy to report that as a matter of fact, YES. Smile

First, you are supplied with a instructional dvd which has Brian O'Neill teaching you two effects (routines) using the special props that are supplied. Though I think the dvd could have been put together a little better, it does get the job done. Two routines are taught. One you can do while standing, the other must be done seated at a table. While the instructions on the dvd do teach you two basic handlings, I strongly recommend you consult The Vernon Chronicles for a more indepth look at this entire effect.

You are also supplied with a cardboard tube (the kind posters are shipped in, only shorter), a special glass and a very special walnut. I'm told the reason this effect has not been around for so many years is because of the difficulty of making the special props, but not any more! Smile

Besides the props supplied, you'll need to provide a small saucer and a couple English Walnuts. If you prefer, you can replace the cardboard tube with a metal can (the kind dog food comes in), but I personally think the tube supplied actually works somewhat better. Having said that, you're all set to perform. Smile

I must say that the effect itself is very strong and just doesn't seem possible from a lay-person point of view. Additionally, this will also go by many magicians who will not have a clue as to what just happened to them. Smile

You will need to practice this though (you should anyway!), and add your own presentation and personality to the mix. Once you do that, this could be a real reputation maker for many of you. If you currently perform a Chop Cup or Cups & Balls set, the learning curve on this will be very short. I must also point out that you will need a bit of distance between you and your audience, not a lot...but some.

One idea I came up with is to have the cardboard tube full of pens and pencils sitting close by, and the special walnut in a bowl mixed amongst some other nuts. So, you bring out the glass and saucer from the kitchen, have someone empty out the pens from the tube, then you reach in the nut bowl and grab a few walnuts, very cool. I think this effect would play especially well around the holidays. Highly recommended. Smile

------------------------------------------

My rating:

Available from Hocus Pocus

Suggested retail: $75.00

Hocus Pocus
2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703
Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040
Questions, chat: (559) 266-5150
24-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You can also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com
To visit the Hocus Pocus site: Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Completely Nuts by Brian O'Neill » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL