The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Party Pop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
After many years I decided to re-list with them. Boy oh boy I think I should have done more research. Here is my conclusion:

Partypop does not tell the vendor what the client is interested in.
They just email you open ended leads.
I guess PartyPop, just needs to justify the fee you paid them.
And then the requester gets bombarded with emails and gets annoyed and does not hire anyone.
Party Pop gives the "client" a choice of filling out a form or contacting vendors directly.
This is very passive and Party Pop thinks they are doing their job.
Sorry for my rant, it just seems frustrating on both sides.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
I was wondering. I got my first party pop e-mail the other day, and there was no info for what they wanted. Weird.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Once my contract with them expires, I'm done with them forever.

Gerry
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
They've been calling about my free ad with them to "verify" my information...haven't had a pop from them in a dog's age...I won't pay to list with them...
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
To bring this back to life...

I just got a call from them, asking me to "update my listing." Honestly, I have never booked a single show through them.

I decided to do a little Google research. Take a look at this site, it's got comments from other people like photographers, bands, etc.

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.partypop.com

Overall, they have the same experience we have.
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
Here's what I've found works best. Do some Google searches for keywords that people may use to find you. What directory sites come up time and time again? Those are, in my opinion, the ones that you should list with . . .
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I agree with Kevin, but would add one more thing. Make sure when you do that search that you put your browser into "Incognito" or "Private" mode. Chrome, Firefox, and Safari all allow you to do this.

Google tends to skew its search results based on your previous search history, your google plus account, and a bunch of other factors. This is one of the reasons SEO is a lot more "interesting" today than it used to be. What you're looking for is the closest thing Google can give you to "plain vanilla" results. Putting your browser into private mode limits the skew and will give you a better idea of what directories you should be looking at.
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
Smart recommendation Matthew --- another great thing is the SEO Book Rank Checker plugin, free for Firefox. Runs a nice applet that gives accurate search results, and can be programmed with a variety of keywords specific to the user.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Party Pop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL