The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Identify the floor pump in this video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjOzrK3uYtk

I met someone who showed me this pump and highly recommended it but I forgot the name. In this video the guy recommends the pump but never gives a name.

Any info apprreciated. Name of Pump, Seller, Sellers website etc
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
The pump in the video is a Filbert Floor Pump available from http://www.filbertpump.com/. It is a good, lightweight, and affordable pump. The early model I owned broke at the plastic base after less than a year of hard use. The newer models MAY be stronger ... I don't know. I sold it once the base started to crack.

If you need something sturdier, consider T. Myers' PVC Pump One. http://www.tmyers.com. The Pump One is heavier and more expensive, but I have used mine for street busking and large events since 1988 without a hitch. The only part that has ever broken on it is the $5.00 gasket - I go through about one gasket each year or two. The optional shoulder strap makes it easy to carry. Best balloon investment I've made.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Filbert will replace the cracked base for free. Go to their web site for more info.
Life of Magic!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Thanks all,

I ordered the Filbert this morning. I was leaning toward the T Meyers Pump 1 but they were out of stock when I went to order last week. In the mean time I ran into a a balloon guy at a gig and he showed me the Filbert and I was impressed with how light it was. I also heard that the Pump 1 is a little less easy to move around because you can't just grab the top. You have to reach down and pick it up by the base.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
284 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
I mouth inflated for decades and finally bought a Filbert when I grew tired of prepping for birhtday shows on 6A on Sunday mornings.

The Filbert is great: super light weight and most reliable. I had the cracked base problem, contacted the manufacurer, and had a replacement base in a few days. The new base is slightly flexible and on uneven ground does not stress when held in position with a foot. And I took my cracked base and mounted it to a piece of plywood to use if I ever need a backup.

Highly reccomended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Identify the floor pump in this video? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL