The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » GSP VS Diaz. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am in Puerto Vallarta so the fight was just on today. Interesting phenemenon that I just do not get.

Diaz was getting DOMINATED from the opening. I mean he was getting beaten like he stole something. The ONLY thing he might have done was hurt St-Piers (Spelled that WAY wrong sorry George.) hands with his face. BUT still he was mugging, acting like he was winning! Geeze how does a guy get beaten and dominated so badly and still remain arogant?

Oh well just an observation.

Waiting to see how long it takes Al to make it political.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
Who can talk politics in Puerto Vallarta

Go to Pee Pees restaurant at the top of the hill on Pee Pee la ask for Rudy Fragoso and tell him that Bonnie and Angello miss him very much. His brothers restaurant is famous for their chicken fahita, and their free guacamole. Don't try to drink the free second Margarita if you know what's good for you either. If you don't believe me ask any cab driver in town Pee Pee's the the busiest restaurant in PV. We used to spend hours at their Sunday morning brunch drinking their comp champagne, and listening to the mariachi.

Sometimes I dreams in the middle of the night about the Mexican pop sickles at the pop sickle stand at the end of the Malicon in down town PV.

Think of me at tomorrow nights unforgettable Puerto Vallarta sun set.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Al, you can talk politics anywhere! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bob
I visited Puerto Vallarta so many times that the beggars on the street used to greet me.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Leave Al alone. He's a gentleman.
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What are you babbling about? I suggest you spend a bit more time here prior to assuming the interactions between others are what you think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Danny, both Nick and Nate Diaz do the exact same thing. They get beat up and try to act even meaner and meaner, throwing their hands up in the air etc. GSP swarmed him and nullified just about everything he tried. GSP used to be an exciting fighter, but lately has been kind of boring, imo. BUT, he wins and has been the champ for many years. He's definitely one of my favorite fighters as he's usually humble and very nice so it seems. Dana White said that Anderson Silva will either be fighting GSP or Jon "Bones" Jones this year as a superfight. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

Here's a good breakdown on GSP and the Diaz fight that you may find interesting

http://youtu.be/As2YAwFwS2U
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea and now the pot suspension has him running his mouth. Was that him? Maybe not forget that LOL.

Gsp seems humble but for all I know it is an act. He reminds me of BJ Penn.

I think they are ending up with too many fighters if you ask me. The Ultimate Fighter gave them such a great garden to cultivate. But after so many seasons they are talent heave. Another promotion may crop up and use the popularity he created.

I don't know just speculating. I like Dana White.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It was either him or his brother that was suspended for the weed, but he did admit after the fight that he's probably going to jail because he's never paid any taxes on any of his income this entire time. if he does wind up in prison (i doubt he will) I bet he'll wipe that look off of his face real quick lol. And you are right, they do have too many fighters currently and man is it easy to get the boot! But business is business...if another promotion does sprout up, they'll have a place to go and maybe down the road make it back to the ufc. and like wise, I like dana white as well!

what's your opinion of anderson silva?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He has a cool nick name. lol.

I don't know enough about him but he seems to be darn good from what little I have seen.

He seems long and wirey. Has sort of sudden speed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I didn't see the fight, but I saw the post-fight interview in the interview, there is NOTHING that can happen to Diaz that won't leave him arrogant and trash talking.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Yeah Silva is lanky, unorthodox, and quick! If you watch a lot of his fights, he's VERY confident in his movements ie bobbing and weaving insomuch that he'll get in his opponents face and completely drop his hands to his sides while they swing for the fences. It's funny and entertaining to watch but also scary as one never knows if a lucky punch will land. I hope and rather see Silva vs Jon Jones fight, it should be 4th of July fireworks times 10!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » GSP VS Diaz. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL