The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Seen Phil Spector on HBO yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
This is an outstanding presentation.

Pacino, as mostly usual, delivers a brilliant performance. He has Spector's character nailed while Helen Mirren captures defense attorney Linda Baden's defense of Spector as well. The two deliver a convincing performance for Spector's innocence. And Baden was instrumental in the resulting hung jury for the first trial.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying into it because I don't have a clue as to what happened. The second trial produced a guilty verdict and I generally trust juries. But I wonder if Baden had been on his defense team for the second trial if Spector would be in prison today? I'm sure the lawyers will chime in. Smile

Growing up and coming of age to the music Spector produced, there's somethng in me that wants me to believe he's innocent. But who knows? Egos, wealth and power continue to produce greed and excess, as well as altruism.

See it! It's a winner!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
My interest in this is because I'm a musician - and there are many musicians here on The Café. More to the point, I am a Beatles fanatic and the story of them shelving Let It Be and then havinf Spector "fix" it is interesting, especially because when they heard his trademark "wall of sound" they hated it - even Lennon who had the idea of bringing Spector in. I am sure I will watch it because Al Pacino and Helen Mirren are simply legendary actors.

All of that said, I am glad that Sir George Martin convinced the Fabs to get back in the studio to do Abbey Road - truly a fitting ending for a band whose influence is simply incalculable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Seen Phil Spector on HBO yet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL