The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shows to Go Backdrop review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kennyahern
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of kennyahern
I am looking for first hand reviews for the Shows To Go Backdrops (www.showbackdrops.com)...frame durability, color printing saturation, fabric quality, etc.

Thank you,
Kenny
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Welcome to The Café Kenny,,, hopefully you will get an answer soon, I am sure some folks are jumping over to the link and checking it out..... Hope to run into you soon.
kennyahern
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of kennyahern
Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome! Been a long time reader.

The Shows To Go Backdrop looks real nice online and they have been great responding to my questions. However, it is a big investment to not get an owner review. Figured, this would be the best place to find someone who owns a unit.

Kenny
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
I am a happy owner of two. They are not my only backdrops, but they are my primary backdrops and I sometime use them in conjunction with a larger backdrop system of my own design for full stageing. I will say that I had seen them advertised and wasn't that interested until I saw them in person at a convention. Then I was sold.

The advantages are: They are small and lightweight to transport, they set up quickly and easily by one person, they look great, they can be eaisly weighted/anchored if you are nervous about them tipping, and if they ever did fall over (mine never have) they don't weigh enough to do any harm to anyone. Did I mention they look great? The colors are good, they can put your own imagaes on them.

Disadvantages: They are somewhat delicate. Repair/replacement parts are available and easy to replace but the unit does require care in handling. If you take care of your stuff, they're fine. If you like to toss your stuff around like a rock star roadie, get something else. They come with a duffle style bag which is nice if you are traveling by small car or public transportation or subscribe to the "one trip into the venue" philiosophy. I tend to travel by van or truck and trailer, so I bought the hard cases so that I would'nt damage them in transport.

Hope this helps, be glad to answer any other questions about them.
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Are these just trade show exhibits with graphics meant to look like curtains?
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Curious about outside conditions,,, dealing with wind and being torn??? will you be using them in conjunction with your outdoor program Kenny?
kennyahern
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of kennyahern
Chris, using the this backdrop strictly for indoor performances. The artwork will be similar to my outdoor stage's artwork.
kennyahern
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of kennyahern
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 16:55, socalmagic wrote:
Are these just trade show exhibits with graphics meant to look like curtains?

Yes. They offer a few versions of curtain artwork, as well as, other designs. You can also provide your own artwork.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Gotcha....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shows to Go Backdrop review? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL