The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "Invisible Handkerchiefs" Enhancement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is an Effect in the March Linking Rings offered by Wolfgang Riebe ...

in which for imaginary silks are identified by spectators, held by them and then dropped into a bag to be produced in full splendor later. Lot of opportunities for audience engagement and humor, plus a prelude to other silk effects.

I would suggest that this Effect might be enhanced in some setting by using only three silks of differing color. Have the audience imagine having the "handkerchiefs" tied together into a chain -- even having them pretend to tie them.

After having the "chain" placed in the bag have someone call out the order of the colors in this chain. Reach in and stir the silks and pull out one end. Have a spectator extract the silks in the described order!

You, of course, have the three silks pre-tied in a loop with slip knots along the lines of a paper chain effect described in Tarbell.

Here at Easter time there might even be a "Trinity" reason for leaving the silks in an endless loop.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Great idea funsway,

I haven't read it yet but I will.

I do something along those lines already and this will make for an interesting change.

-Mary Mowder
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, you just told the method of the Rice "As You Like It" trick they have sold for ages. There is not need for a bag or anything else. It is a mental effect of predicting the order of the 3 silks.

Also if you use a bag, why not do the Ali Bongo Balloon Prediction trick.

The trick just sounds like a version of these to effects. I believe the originals are much better.

Bongo trick, but I guess all the Café members bought out the stock from the last discussion.

http://www.magicinc.net/bongosbigballoonburst.aspx
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I don't have the Linking Rings magazine, but what if you use a change bag for this? You take out the imaginary silks, have them tied together and put back inside the empty compartment. You can then show the bag empty to the assistant, snap your finger and the three silks appear inside. You then take them out of the bag in order. Would add another layer to the effect, especially if you can get a strong reaction from the assistant when the silks appear in the bag he saw was empty a second ago.

Bill, I'm not sure I follow how this effect and the Balloon Burst is similar? With the balloon burst you are blindfolded and can still tell one by one which balloon is burst, with the effect as described by funsway you predicted the order in which three objects will be placed. Its early Monday morning here so I might be missing something Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Alexander_may, go back and read my comments. The silks being tied in a certain order is "Rice's As You Like It" trick still sold today.

http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Rice's%20A......0It!.htm
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
You are correct, the method is the same with "As U Like It," thank you for the link.

I did read your comments, hence my question. You wrote:

"Also if you use a bag, why not do the Ali Bongo Balloon Prediction trick. The trick just sounds like a version of these to effects. I believe the originals are much better. Bongo trick, but I guess all the Café members bought out the stock from the last discussion. http://www.magicinc.net/bongosbigballoonburst.aspx"

I was just wondering how 'As U Like It' and Bongo's Balloon Burst are connected, why you said that the silk effect should be substituted for the balloon one. They seem like two totally different effects to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » "Invisible Handkerchiefs" Enhancement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL