The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2013 entrée: Michael Kaminskas » » Miracle Material » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Profile of Michael Kaminskas
Since this is probably the better know of the books I've written, I'd be curious to know what effect you found the best of the collection.

Secondly, would you like to see future works blended together as I've done in the past or would you rather I put out a volume just on coin work, and one just on cards, and one just on effects other than coins and cards...You get the idea. It seems in the past that everyone just clumped it together into one work. Now it seems everyone is separating them into different works. Is this better? Which way would you prefer?

Feel free to also ask me about other items in the book that might not be your favorite. Just no asking about my really bad "school picture" that graces the inside of the dust jacket..lol

Look forward to your thoughts!

Click here to view attached image.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Fully Developed and Slim Pack

I've always preferred books that have a variety of material.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Hope you enjoy performing them! I've gotten lots of great reactions from both of those routines.
Especially when the cards seem to just fall off the single card.

Thanks for your thoughts on variety of material. That is one of the quandries I am facing right now. Not sure if I should combine them into one work or separate them into different books. I've heard both opinions but the more that I hear..the majority will rule this vote...so thanks for your opinion!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Looking forward to seeing your next work.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Michael, what are your favorites from the book?

Craig
– Karl Germain
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

That's like asking what child you like better Craig!!! LOL..

But, .... since you asked, my favorites from the book are ...hold on a minute...
Sorry but I had to open and check the table of contents..I get confused as to what is in what book sometimes Smile

So here are my favorites from each section..
Pasteboards

Triumphant Return, Slim Pack, Case Closed

Cash on Hand

Magic Pills, Hitting the Bottle and Playful Penny

Misc...

Candy Caper, Vision Check and Roped in that order.

I'm not saying that was an unfair question...but I really wanted to just list the table of contents...Smile
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
This is one of my all-time favorite magic books. The material is so commercial and visual. I still use a number of effects to this day. I do set that starts with borrowing a bill, vanishing it then I go into fully developed. Typically, I'll move into a rope routine, then finish with magic pills. Also, Slim Pack is a killer opener that I'll use to introduce Fully Developed. I also love Rainbow Connection, a gimmick free handling of Bannon's Stranger's Gallery. This is a book I will never sell, and I will continue to use the material for as long as I am performing magic. Thank you for releasing it Michael!
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Thank you very much Aaron for the very kind words.
I am both humbled and pleased that you have found the material suitable for your performances.

As a creator of magic nothing means more. Thank you again...
And in the word(s) of Jon Racherbaumer .....ONWARD!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Michael, I understand.
– Karl Germain
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Of course I had to give you a little grief...I mean I'm not saying some I don't perform more than others but I'm still not sure I would classify them as favorites. Some use gaffs that I might not have on me at the time as in "fully developed"...you get the idea. Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have never heard of this book, but I will pick it up tomorrow Smile
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

If you like I'd be happy to devalue it (sign it) and mail a copy to you. Just shoot me $30 via PayPal to mkmagic@goeaston.net
and I'll ship a copy out tomorrow for you.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I get paid tomorrow, money will be coming your way
Michael Kaminskas
View Profile
V.I.P.
117 Posts

Sounds great...as soon as I get your info I'll send it out. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you've had a chance to work through some of the rountines in the book!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2013 entrée: Michael Kaminskas » » Miracle Material » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL