The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie from the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikemayne
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of mikemayne
Just joined the forum on the advice of a magician I know locally. Been practising mainly close up card magic for about 18 months now. Very nervous about performing and would particularly like to meet fellow magicians for advice on performing etc. and maybe if there are any magic clubs in the Epsom area. All advice will be welcome. Thanks
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
Greetings from the US of A! There is no shortage of advice in the Café. Everyone is so eager to help young talent. What field of magic do you prefer performing?
mikemayne
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of mikemayne
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to disappoint 56 years old but wish I had started when I was a lot younger. Close up card magic is what I concentrate on mainly. Unfortunately have probably got too many tricks/effects/DVD's and need to concentrate on less routines/sleights.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Hi Mike,
good luck with your web search for magic clubs in your area.

Don't be nervous about performing.
This is an anxiety which is met by equal expectations from your audience.
The key is to entertain ... elaborate whatever you are performing, make it your own.
Involve the audience.

Even if your piers at your magic club know the method they will respect your original performance.

WulfieSmith
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome mikemayne,

Why not start late in life? It's very good for your brain to try something new and there is always something new in Magic.

There are many here who started after retirement.

-Mary Mowder
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi mikemayne,

Welcome to The Magic Café and enjoy your magical journey.

The Surrey Society of Magicians is only 5 miles away from Epsom. Their web site is http://www.surreymagic.org.uk I know a few of the magicians there and they're a friendly bunch.

All the best

Michael
mikemayne
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of mikemayne
Michael
yes my wife found that site on the web as I am not that great on computers. I have sent an enquiry by e-mail and look forward to joining the throng. Thanks anyway,
Regards
Mike
GCanuzzi
View Profile
New user
Italy
51 Posts

Profile of GCanuzzi
Welcome to the cafè Mike,here you will find a lot of good people that will help you Smile
Don't be nervous while performing,i'm 22 years old and 5 years ago I have the same problem and I didn't find a solution because there isn't.. Smile
I am still anxious nowdays but you can overcome this only performing and having fun while performing.
This thing sounds strange even to me the first time that another person gives me this advice but it's real Smile
Giuseppe
shaihorowitz0
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of shaihorowitz0
Welcome to the cafè
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Welcome to the Café!

This is a place where age does not matter. I too am an oldie but a goodie!
Life of Magic!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Mike,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Tim1234$
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Tim1234$
Welecome to the Café
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café. Happy Trails

sparky Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie from the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL