The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How do I create this gaff? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pillowman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Pillowman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjobQb_rLps#t=28m30s

I tried oil pastels, but it doesn't stick onto the card
zyrzer
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of zyrzer
Lipstick?
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Looks like he wrote with a pen. Write in white gel ink or some other type of pen (you will need to experiment) 1st then stamp over it.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
You could just put sharpie on your finger and then roll it on the card. Just don't let it dry before your roll.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
The image was of a heart finger print that then had a numeral added in.

If you have photoshop, make a print of your thumb. Change it to look like a heart. Add the number you want.
Have a stamp or transfer image made of the thumb print heart.

You may also be able to find a thumb print on line that you can work with.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just get a blank faced deck, wipe it over withacetone to het rid of the sheen you can then print directly on the card with your inkjet printer.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
What is the gaff? I keep getting an error on the YouTube link.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
A card with a center heart pip that looks like a finger print. Within the heart is the numeral 8.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
To be honest, David spends a lot of money to get his gaffs made and I don't think its respctful to steal his material, its not for sale for a reason.

Just come up with something unique and get it printed. But, I know how much time and money David puts into getting his custom gaffs, and I don't think he would be happy people are knocking them off. The 'big' magicians avoid magicians because a this very reason, hence why Copperfield will pull certain people off stage if they get selected for a specefic illusion, why other artis will have magicians removed from crowds when filming..Its a shame really.

I don't mean to come off on this kind of rant, and normally never do, but Its just unfair to the creators and performers who paid for the rights to the effects.
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
SIX nailed it.

It isn't yours, don't be a thief.

Simple.
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
@pillowman,
Let Blaine's video be an inspiration rather than a heist.

There are plenty of effects that are commercially available that end with a personalized gaff. Blaine centered on one. Be creative and go for another. Make it work and it's yours.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 13:03, george1953 wrote:
Just get a blank faced deck, wipe it over withacetone to het rid of the sheen you can then print directly on the card with your inkjet printer.

I agree with others about making a different kind of gaff of your own rather than copying Blaine's. That said, this idea about using your printer is handier than you'd think. Many possibilities if you're willing to spend time making gaffs. Funny, but this topic could either go in 'gaffed and funky' OR 'the workshop'! btw Pillowman, welcome to the Café! Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How do I create this gaff? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL