The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Self gaffing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I do a lot of my own gaffing, I use Shuber Plates and Irwin Quick Grips overnight to clamp them while glue drys. Does anyone else use these?
http://www.lybrary.com/shuber-plates-p-132659.html
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Magic is great
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Magic is great
I use something very similar which is just a couple pieces of 1/8" stainless plate I had cut for me at a machine shop a long time ago. Works great & I'm willing to bet you really like the shuber plates.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Yea, they protect up to two decks at a time and any number of cards under that. Plus work as a press. Very versatile, I have 2 sets.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
What kind of glue do you use?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
No wrinkle Scotch brand gluestick or rubber cement currently. I got an ebook http://www.lybrary.com/the-gaff-factory-......750.html and am going to try some DMT. I would love to get a Lassen card genii but the book tells you where to et most everything "on the cheap" so if you are a handy DIY guy like me, its worth it.

Smile Smile
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2013-04-06 19:01, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I do a lot of my own gaffing, I use Shuber Plates and Irwin Quick Grips overnight to clamp them while glue drys. Does anyone else use these?
http://www.lybrary.com/shuber-plates-p-132659.html

No. Overpriced.

Quote:
On 2013-06-13 13:05, Poof-Daddy wrote:
No wrinkle Scotch brand gluestick or rubber cement currently. I got an ebook http://www.lybrary.com/the-gaff-factory-......750.html and am going to try some DMT. I would love to get a Lassen card genii but the book tells you where to et most everything "on the cheap" so if you are a handy DIY guy like me, its worth it.

Once you try DMT you won't go back. No need for an also overpriced Lassen Genii.

I do gaffing for over 12 years now - I have neither these plates nor a Lassen item.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I actually bought the shuber plates to hold cards in a pack ( I just like the looks ) but I found them useful in a pinch for pressing. I mostly use my Crystal Card Press (without the springs for my gaffing more and I saparate with wax paper so I can do a few at once.

Now that I got the ebook on DMT, I agree, that is the way I will be going. I found it to be a very helpful ebook and am just getting 1 piece at a time as I am on a very liited budget due to medical problems (even more now)

I only mention the card Genii Because, Yes, I would like to have one - just cand afford one.

I rally do enjoy just making gaffs by hand for my own entertainment and if a friend asks for one. I know you are a full on pro at gaffing but I am just kind of doing my own thing with it. ( I like it because I know I made it) kinda feeling.

Smile Smile
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Self gaffing is done with heart & love. I understand.
Good success! As long as you don't go pro ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Self gaffing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL