The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lickity Split—The Art of Card Splitting Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Review of Lickity Split
"The Art of Card Splitting Card"
by Marty Martini (Yes...He's a Café Member) Price: $10.00

Lickity Split starts off by making it clear that anyone can create their own effect with cards if they know how to split cards. The lecture notes are stand-alone notes if you are unable to attend Marty's lecture on this subject. Marty details the supplies one needs to accomplish this task and saves you the price of the lecture notes just by NOT purchasing products that will not work! Most of the materials you may already have at home, but the right glue is important. Most likely you will spend under $10. More if you are using the wrong products!

Marty then goes into how to slit cards and provides six pages of illustrations to reinforce his text description on how to do this properly. Marty makes it clear that it is an art to split cards and one may not get it right the very first time. Marty's goal here is to leave the magic community with some written text on this dying art. Marty includes important tips, from experience, on what not to due so you won't ruin your card.

With this card splitting technique you can make double facers, side-by-side backs, side-by-side faces, end-to-end backs, end-to-end faces, diagonal splits faces, and diagonal splits face and back.

If you want to be original, create your own card effects, and want to move to the next level of skill when performing magic with cards, then these lecture notes are for you.

Over the years, I have accumulated a collection of lecture notes that I have never going back and reviewed. Since I have gotten these notes on splitting cards, I have referred to them often and my mind is going wild with the cool tricks I could create.

By the way, there are no other books or notes in the magic industry on this topic, that I know of, so I feel that getting a signed original from a pro on this topic, is a prize collector's item!
Dennis Michael
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Dennis, I have seen this workshop and it is awesome. I bought the lecture notes as soon as I heard they were out. At Bob Little's he mentioned that a DVD will be out soon, did you hear when?

Also, will acrobatic cards by covered on the DVD? He teaches how to make them in the workshop, but he did not include that material in the book, anyone know why?

S.
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Grab these notes. This was one of the best, most well prepared and intelligent lectures I have ever seen! Marty knows more about every aspect of magic than anyone I have ever seen. As icing on the cake, he is also the nicest guy in magic.

While on the subject, I didn't realize how much care he puts into every single gaffed card he makes. I have purchased gaffs from Cards by Martin, Don England, and Gary Plants. While all were good, I can say that the cards made my Marty were better. Just as an example, I bought a Hofzinser card from one of those three for $25. It was a well made card, but it had a tiny bubble on the face of it. There is no way Marty would have sold this card with this small imperfection. I purchased another Hofzinser from Marty and it was flawless. Here's the kicker—price $5!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I don't know when the DVD will be out! He did mention it in his notes.

For Lickity Split Lecture Notes

You can contact Marty by Phone: 717-456-6604 or Fax: 717-456-5692. Your could try email, but he is slow to respond because he is so busy or out of the country. Marty sells them for $10.00 and they are now listed on his web site:

Lickity Split "The Art of Card Splitt......0.00

I understand Marty completed the DVD on Card splitting. I haven't called him yest to find when it will be released.
Dennis Michael
flowJuggler
View Profile
New user
East Coast USA
71 Posts

Profile of flowJuggler
I too have purchased and benefitted from Lickity Split. I would recommend it highly for those that want to make their own cards and create new effects.

Paul
Ãœber goodest signature ever.
VarietyArtsBlog.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lickity Split—The Art of Card Splitting Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL