The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist nearly died (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I have only been burned when the promoter counts the tickets.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Thanks Ian. I'll pass my best wishes on. Thanks to both you and BTE for letting us know.
Stu
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
That is so unfair that someone is doing a DANGEROUS STUNT and someone else walks in and SECRETLY CHANGES THINGS at the last minute. That's absolutely unacceptable. I would have their HIDE ON A STICK the next day. That's borderline negligence. I feel so sorry for those two performer, they do everything right and some !@#$%^& ruins it. WOW.

I've never had something like that happen on set. If I did I would be really, really upset. That is so unfair! I hate it when I take safety precautions and people ignore it and then someone gets hurt! THat's the WORST! AG it makes me so angry just thinking about it.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

The tragedy is that it happens.

Read 'Have a nice day' and you will find out how Mick Foley ended up witg only 1.2 ears.
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Is it possible to sue people who do that? To criminally prosecute them for negligence? To take to their car with a ball bat?
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Stuart, I have read "Have a nice day" and even though I wasn't there and don't know Mick Foley personally, from his description it looked like he took the high road in the ear incident. Here in the U.S. when an employee takes it on their own initiative to make a change in the contracted plan, people tend to get sued. Especially when their efforts go up in spit. I hope Andrew has legal action available in Italy. It reminds me of what happened in Chile to Steve Baker and James Randi.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Hi Cliff. I agree that from the book it comes across that Mr Foley did not Sue WCW for what hapened but it may well be that there was a claim for the medical costs.
I agree that I hope Andrew gets some good legal advice and he gets some compensation
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Hi Cliff. I agree that from the book it comes across that Mr Foley did not Sue WCW for what hapened but it may well be that there was a claim for the medical costs.
I agree that I hope Andrew gets some good legal advice and he gets some compensation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist nearly died (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL