The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shelled 3 fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
This is kinda a sub-post from my original in the "nothing up my sleeve" section, But I figured id ask in the correct section.

Looking for some good recommendations for a simple, direct, and clean 3 fly routine using a shell. That is good on angles (Want to use it for strolling, restaurant work)

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Derek,
I have one in my Las Vegas Lecture Notes! P.M. Me for more Info! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The item using a Penney gaff from the 1901 book is probably about all you need if you want to entertain. formally doing each of a group was more about proving that an approach was sufficient to replace the closed hand methods commonly used at the time. If you get a swaddling double deception set you will likely have much room and mechanics to explore in performance.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Quote:
The item using a Penney gaff from the 1901 book is probably about all you need if you want to entertain.

Which book?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Iirc it's atomic coin tricks. A Café member, Dan Watkins, found it in his research.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Derek Castillo, my favorite and use all the time is Sanchez Fly. Sweeeeeet!
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Here is a link to buy the instant download if you don't want to buy the DVD...
http://miraclejunkie.com/Sanchez-Fly-Ins......nFly.htm
About $10. Worth every cent!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Michael Eaton's Pretty Fly.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 19:47, webtech wrote:

I learned this recently and LOVE it!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 19:47, webtech wrote:

Webtech, thanks for posting the link.
I bought it and you are right, it is sweet!
I have always preferred using no gimmicks and just SOH but this may have me rethinking that.
Thanks again,
Bill
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Your welcome videoman. Just another trick for the ever versatile expanded shell.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I don't usually use a [ when I do 3 Fly but must admit here and agree that Sanchez Fly is very nice and economical as to the moves.

It is very clear and well taught by Sanchez, not hard to learn and looks rather good. Also, it is at an incredible price for such a very good and beautiful take on the 3 Fly classic, if a shelled version is what you're after. There are other gaffed versions out there and some are crazy expensive but are no better really than this, IMHO.

I give it a very good nod of approval. Definitely well worth it, and then some.

Sanchez did a great job with this.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I should clarify and say that in my previous post about preferring not to use gimmicks, I meant specifically in the case of 3 Fly, not in general.
The reason for this is that 3 Fly is one routine where gaffs actually seemed to make it more difficult for me, and didn't really add much to the overall effect.
But the Sanchez Fly is nicely routined and introduces the shell into the routine which I had been contemplating using for a second follow-up routine anyway, but wasn't sure how to get the shell into play. The Sanchez Fly solves that problem nicely and I feel makes the 3 Fly even cleaner. So it's a win-win.

I may modify the Sanchez routine just a tad though. I like the bit in the usual 3 Fly where you place the last coin visibly in your opposite hand so they can "see it go". Kind of adds a nice beat to the routine, then also being able to immediately go back to a 2 and 1 so suddenly is very unexpected and really wows specs. So I've worked on adding that part back into Sanchez's routine and it actually makes it easier to do. It does away with having to get the last coin out of the shell visibly and I think makes the clean-up a little nicer. Most importantly it sets me up for my follow-up routine I've had in mind if I choose to do it.

I'll experiment with both versions and see what works best. It's fun to play around with this routine because there are so many possibilities.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Here is something from 2007
B FLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fPib9cJ-w

and

PAINLESS FLY (for my good friend Mickey Painless)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx74n98f7uc

1ST PHASE OF 3 FLY (just for fun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCIWik9EgDQ

Enjoy!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
U3F works fine for strolling.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Rannie, LOL, good stuff, thanks for sharing!
Bill
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always good stuff from The Boss. Smile

Mabuhay from NJ .

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shelled 3 fly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL