The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Who uses the classic force? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
As a young magician I was taken by Jay Marshall to see Frank Everhart perform at the Ivanhoe Hotel bar in Chicago. I had read about the Classic Force but had never seen anyone who did it. Everhart had a routine where different spectators would repeatedly pick the same card. The only thing I could think was that he had switched in a one way deck. When Everhart took a break, I told Jay my theory. He had a good laugh and then gave me a brief talk about the Classic force. Over the years I've seen many magicians who do it virtually 100%.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
Do it everyday and after a while it just might be the only force you use.
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 17:16, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 16:21, swayne100 wrote:
Where can I find this methodology? Any other good sources in addition to Harry Lorayne's?
Paul Green has a DVD on the classic force.

Check out the stanley colins force on Steve Youell website and along with the classic force.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
I think that Gary Ouellet (or was it Roberto Giobbi) suggest you try classic forcing a card to a chair or to an X on the wall. You also have to learn to manage time by offering your hands and taking them back.

P!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
For a time I owned a great big dog... a St. Bernard. I found that he liked to bite on a spread of cards and take one in his mouth. I also found he was a sucker for a classic force. So I practiced on him.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
If you want to learn to classic force, I'd recommend both Paul Green's DVD and Steven Youell's monograph. Both of these guys understand the classic force deeply, and both of them are good teachers.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 17:33, PaulGreen wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I use the Classic Force! I researched it and have read many good (and bad) descriptions. I have seen a few DVDs, and they're good (and bad).

Expert Card Technique
Royal Road to Card Magic
Harry Lorayne
Steven Youell (Really Good)
Card College, Vol. 1
Steve Dacri DVD
Phil Jay DVD
L & L DVD
Shoot Ogawa DVD
Classic Force -- Paul Green (I won't evaluate it)
and many more sources.

Enjoy the search!

Respectfully,

Paul Green

With all respect Paul as I post hundreds of post earlier, you open the door of classic force for me. I just want to add Dani DaOrtiz 'Utopia' into the list

Sincerely,
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
lasmonjas
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of lasmonjas
I'm a mere beginner but since I learned the classic force it has been my favorite force. It can really be mastered to make it work every time. I learned it from Giobbi's Card College, and though I first didn't believe it would work, it does! Confidence plays a more important role than physical ability, I believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Who uses the classic force? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL