The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Razorblades Act on Brazillian TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
So, I was invited to perform on this AGT-of-sorts show on national TV. The general plot is that artists pair on 4 "duels" of different genres. My "duel" was against the magnificent Dolly Kent, from Argentina. I lost.

She presented her new Geisha act, and I nearly killed my poor unsuspecting mom upon she seeing that I performed my razorblades act. The video links to the beginning of my presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......E#t=560s

Also, this is the "Redux" version of the act - what I do on stage is almost twice as long, due to me inviting people from the audience to watch it upclose, talking about how dangerous it is, yadda yadda yadda.

Time constraints on TV had me to cut it (hah! unintentional pun!) to the very essentials, and I'm quite happy with the result despite the MANY camera cuts which also ruined the opening effect (Which was solely added for the TV performance), my glasses turning into confetti.

I've to thank Tim Ellis for his advice on this particular effect. His "Ultimate Blades" version of the classic is available on his "Ellis in Wonderland" video, as well as one of his books. I'm not being paid for this, lol - I'm really just thankful. I've tried and tested countless versions of this and his version is, for me, the best there is. This performance took me a long time to put together, find the right music and so on. It is now one of my pet effects, as well as one of the highlights of my stage show.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Awesome job!
I don't think the opening effect where we only see the confetti ruined the routine at all. It was quickly forgotten.
The routine is great! Thanks for telling us where to find it.
All things considered, tv restrictions, etc you did a great job!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Thanks, Chad!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Razorblades Act on Brazillian TV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL