The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Magic of Eddie Flechter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardsandCoins
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of CardsandCoins
Hi Everyone,
New member, here.
Would someone put me in touch with or steer me the way to getting a copy of The Magic of Eddie Flechter?
I've seen some nice routines and was told this the bible for Bar Magicians and some really killer routines.
Would sure appreciate any and all help.
Thanks!
Bandaloop
View Profile
Regular user
Dodging attacks for the past
195 Posts

Profile of Bandaloop
I think you mean Eddie Fechter. It comes up on eBay every now and then. There's also one on Amazon that someone is selling for $175.

The Fechter book is great, but personally if I was going to point someone towards a bible for bar magicians, I would go with The Magic of Matt Schulien
CardsandCoins
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of CardsandCoins
Thanks, Bandaloop, I'll look into that.
I have never heard of Matt Schulien.
Thanks
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
175? I just dug one up at some random magic store and gave it away as a Christmas gift. I think I paid 35 bucks.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Bandaloop
View Profile
Regular user
Dodging attacks for the past
195 Posts

Profile of Bandaloop
Amazon prices for magic books are usually always very inflated. Don't know why. I've seen books on there that were still in stock at magic stores selling for three or more times the amount.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 23:48, rawdawg wrote:
175? I just dug one up at some random magic store and gave it away as a Christmas gift. I think I paid 35 bucks.

It will most likely (most certainly) cost you more than $35, and it is ABSOLUTELY worth more than $175.
pnielan
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
154 Posts

Profile of pnielan
With both Schulien and Fechter you get routines that work. I saw Fechter perform many of the routines in the book to great effect at the Forks. It was a special place.

Karl Norman, Bob Sheets, Scotty York and Doc Eason: all incredible bar magicians. The construction of their routines is "engineering" applied to magic.

They get into effects, they get out of effects. They routine effects. They think and worry. They fix.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I'm in Buffalo and went to the Forks many times. Unfortunately Eddie had already died by the time I got back here. Luckily Karl Norman, Ray Mertz, Bill Okal, both Gallos, Vic Trabucco, Allan Hayden, Harrison Carroll and many others were still around and I learned from them; I sessioned with the Gallos in their home many Saturdays.

I saw Charlie and Ed Schulien perform in Chicago but I missed Matt, sorry to say. Magic Inc. is planning to update and reprint the book (it's OOP), however they don't say when. It *is* available as an authorized e-book from Lybrary.com:
http://www.lybrary.com/the-magic-of-matt......id=13699
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
As far as the Fechter book goes, it is more complete than Magician Nitely, which I own. Maybe that "lesser" book is available cheaper someplace? (I wouldn't part with mine.)
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 00:25, Magiguy wrote:
Quote:

It will most likely (most certainly) cost you more than $35, and it is ABSOLUTELY worth more than $175.

Magiguy is right. The original book "Magician Nightly" can usually be found for $25 - $50. The larger and more complete book "Fechter: The Magic of Eddie Fechter" includes all of Magician Nightly plus other published and unpublished Fechter material and background on the man and The Forks Hotel.

I use some of Fechters material myself and think his material works well for the type of magic I do. I would say if you made the investment and decided you didn't like the book you can always get your money back by selling it to someone else. But I bet you wind up keeping it.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 00:25, Magiguy wrote:
Quote:

Magiguy is right. The original book "Magician Nightly" can usually be found for $25 - $50. The larger and more complete book "Fechter: The Magic of Eddie Fechter" includes all of Magician Nightly plus other published and unpublished Fechter material and background on the man and The Forks Hotel.

I use some of Fechters material myself and think his material works well for the type of magic I do. I would say if you made the investment and decided you didn't like the book you can always get your money back by selling it to someone else. But I bet you wind up keeping it.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Magic of Eddie Flechter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL