The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Loading a torn corner (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Hi guys,

Im doing a torn corner effect, angle zero, for some friends at a trip away soon.

Ive got a few hrs travel with these guys in a car prior to doing the effect and we will have a few stops on the way.10 guys in total. So I'm brain storming some ideas for loading location.

Wallets, pockets, phone case are the obvious ones. In a beer bottle could work. When
I do the effect the eskis and food will be in the vehicles so just the group as they are. In the effect the card is stuck to a clock hand. I could always stick the card to someone but might need to explain how I got the tape.

I know that in the shed ill be performing in is a boat a vehice and alcohol distiller.

So just wondering what others have done in similar situations or any dufferent ir strange ideas for the location.

Cheers DS
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Kevin James does an effect with a torn corner. To start he has three candy bars still sealed in their wrappers on the table. After the card is selected a corner is torn off and the spectator keeps it. The rest of the card is ripped up and burned. Then the spectator chooses one candy bar, it's ripped open, and the card is found folded up inside. It has a corner missing and the torn corner the spectator is holding matches exactly.

Now here's the thing: many of you reading this will assume that Kevin uses a magician's choice procedure to force the proper candy bar. But that's not the case. The candy bar is a free selection! Of course, what he's doing is the clever marketed effect from Gaeton Bloom called "The Intercessor." In fact Kevin takes it a step further and rips the card up again and it appears somewhere else.

The final destination is only limited by your imagination. Here are a few thoughts: inside one of your socks. Inside one of your shoes. Inside a sealed sugar packet. Under a place mat. Under the table cloth, pinned to your undershirt on your back, under your regular shirt. Inside a piece of fruit. Under your watch crystal, on the outside of a window which had been covered by a blind, curtain, or shade. Inside one of the hub caps of a car, or inside one of those magnetic key-holders under a car. Inside of a piece of magician's rope. (You do the cut & restored rope first, set down the rope, have a card selected, corner torn off, card burned and found in the rope.) Inside of a card box. Behind a picture on the wall. Taped to the ceiling. Inside your necktie. Inside a dinner roll. In a safety deposit box at your bank.

In your own home you can go nuts with this. Get a one way forcing deck and gaff every card and walk around and put them all over the place.

And I'm just getting started. When you are actually in the environment you will be doing this, you'll probably find a lot more.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Loading a torn corner (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL