The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Baby Born Dove :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 16:18, MagicalMotivator wrote:
However watch that you do not have cross breeding between the babies as they grow older. This can lead to genetic problems.

Rick

Hey Rick thanks a lot for this advice
my doves now are 2 weeks older Smile can you please tell me more about the last sentence .

Hady
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Hady, crossbreeding is when your two babies mate with each other and have little ones. You just need to make sure that doesn't happen. As Rick said, cross breeding can produce health issues for the birds.
Where the magic begins
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
Hady,

As Dave said cross breeding is when your babies mate with each other and not a good thing - genetically it can lead to all kind of problems and not always in the first born, but even farther down the road - this can be internal problems with organs or external, the most common being a (forgive me I forget the correct medical term "spleen leg" perhaps) malformed leg - it is actually having the equivalent of 2 right or 2 left legs and the bird will never be able to perch properly - in short just don't breed them with each other or their parents.

Rick

PS: and if you ever get a bird born with defects like this never mate its parents again.
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Ok guyss it's like humans !
I am almost done ( I will send you some photos) with my cage so I can put them separated inside later on Smile
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Baby Born Dove :) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL