The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Manipulation Act. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OliveroG
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of OliveroG
Some time ago I remember seeing a video of a great coin manipulation act, I'm pretty sure the guy is a fism winner, and the thing I remember the most is the bunch of coins he could throw in an arc and then catch, it was pretty awesome. Does anyone by any chance knows who that guy is and if the video is still online?

On a related topic, I'd like to get references on good stage coin manipulation act (Other than miser's dream), if you know any, I would really appreciate the help.
I hope you understand, my dear friend, that everything you are seeing is a lie, but everything you are feeling holds true.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Check out this: a free copy of Downs' world class stage coin magic book. You can switch out the sleights for more modern ones.
But some of the coin holdouts are more advanced than in Bobo's, and can even be used for close up if you are creative.

I thought it would be special to offer Downs' Modern Coin Manipulation. Although some prefer actual books, when you enlarge it on a big screen, it might be better than a book.

Downs dedicated this to the magical fraternity of the world, 113 years ago. He would be pleased that we can share this now.
Many of the sleights seem out of date, but if you continue, you realize we may not be as far ahead as we think. Enjoy.

Download it here: http://archive.org/details/moderncoinmanip00downgoog most likely, you may want to click on the PDF version and follow instructions. This site is trustworthy, and I have used it for numerous downloads, with no problem. Beware of other sites offering free downloads---they scammers sites trying to get access to your computer.

If you can't download it, it may be a country issue, so pm me with your email and I will send you a PDF of the original book.
Enjoy,
scott
Jeffrey Korst
View Profile
New user
SF Bay Area
92 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Korst
The magician you saw throwing the coins was most likely Pierre Brahma (sp?) And yes, he won FISM twice.

Other coin manipulation acts include Geoffrey Buckingham-"It's easier than you think" still the best reference for people who want to use body loads and steals and Ron MacMillan - "Modern art of coin manipulation"
Why, yes. I do need new pictures. Why do you ask?

Jeffrey Korst
San Francisco Bay Area Magician
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always loved Rick Merrill's work, another FISM winner. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyjYVpsyas
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Incredible!!
OliveroG
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of OliveroG
Vampiro: Thanks for the info, I'll definitively study Downs work.
Jeffrey: YES! That's the one, Pierre Brahma! Thank you sir.
MB: I absolutely love Rick Merril's approach to coin magic, ever so funny and original, Rune Klan must be proud of the twists he gave to his routine.
I hope you understand, my dear friend, that everything you are seeing is a lie, but everything you are feeling holds true.
baal
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of baal
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 13:44, Mb217 wrote:
Always loved Rick Merrill's work, another FISM winner. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyjYVpsyas

Wow. Impressive.

Thanks Mb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Manipulation Act. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL