The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lior or Banachek for PK touch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Maybe I'm mis-reading it though?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I believe Rick and Banachek did this project on their own. As it was getting in the final stages of preparation, L&L Releases the DVDs Rick had recorded for then six or seven years prior which were being held for release. The reason for the delay in their release is another entire story.

Rick & Banachek decided then to hold back on their release so not to interfere with L&L release and initial period. That's the way I understood it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-10-28 18:32, Mindpro wrote:
Yes, I believe Rick and Banachek did this project on their own. As it was getting in the final stages of preparation, L&L Releases the DVDs Rick had recorded for then six or seven years prior which were being held for release. The reason for the delay in their release is another entire story.

Rick & Banachek decided then to hold back on their release so not to interfere with L&L release and initial period. That's the way I understood it.

What,Mindpro said...
My,understanding too!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Gracias gentlemen
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Hi,

This is Rick’s wife, Tammy.

It is correct that the DVD set featuring my husband and Banachek was originally delayed because of the unexpected release of the Rick’s L&L set. Since then the set has been has been reworked and more material has been added to it. It features routines from both gentlemen and an hour-long discussion about mentalism.

The current delay is due to Rick’s health problems. New difficulties unexpectedly arose in September and Rick had to undergo a very serious operation earlier this month. He is currently recovering but he is certainly having more bad days than good ones. Unfortunately the problems that developed are not ones that can ever be corrected. According to the doctors, they can only be eased a bit and that means that Rick is being forced to learn how to deal with another permanent medical situation. Sadly, this one severely affects everyday life and it will take time to adjust to it.

When Rick’s strength returns, the DVDs and the Special Limited Edition of The Book Of HauntedMagick will be his two main priorities.

We apologize for the delays. Thanks very much for your interest and your patience.

Sincerely,
Tammy Maue
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
Quote:
On 2013-10-28 16:01, rioslautaro wrote:
On "The Carlyle Touch" dvd from E. Raymond Carlyle there is something related to PK touches called "The Mediums Grip". It's not for stage. It would be presented only for two spectators but it may be helpful in opening your mind with all the methods and versions outthere.
Sorry for my poor english!

The Medium's grip is strictly for a Seance setting and has absolutely nothing to do with this sort of thing. If you study your history you will find that this technique originated with the fake mediums of Victorian times. Ed's version is his own evolution to that idea after years of doing Seance shows at the Magic Castle and elsewhere.

On the issue of related topics however, I would point the OP to Jermay's "Touching on Hoy' which is one of the best ways of exploiting this method, out there.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 08:03, Rick Maue wrote:
Hi,

It is correct that the DVD set featuring my husband and Banachek was originally delayed because of the unexpected release of the Rick’s L&L set. Since then the set has been has been reworked and more material has been added to it. It features routines from both gentlemen and an hour-long discussion about mentalism.

The current delay is due to Rick’s health problems. New difficulties unexpectedly arose in September and Rick had to undergo a very serious operation earlier this month. He is currently recovering but he is certainly having more bad days than good ones. Unfortunately the problems that developed are not ones that can ever be corrected. According to the doctors, they can only be eased a bit and that means that Rick is being forced to learn how to deal with another permanent medical situation. Sadly, this one severely affects everyday life and it will take time to adjust to it.

When Rick’s strength returns, the DVDs and the Special Limited Edition of The Book Of HauntedMagick will be his two main priorities.

We apologize for the delays. Thanks very much for your interest and your patience.

Sincerely,
Tammy Maue

I'm sure that EVERYONE here at the Café - including me - sends Rick our best wishes for as good and full a recovery as possible under the circumstances. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this, and nothing matters more than one's health.
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 09:08, Bard wrote:

On the issue of related topics however, I would point the OP to Jermay's "Touching on Hoy' which is one of the best ways of exploiting this method, out there.

Seconded. Touching On Hoy is incredibly elegant, and will also fill your head with all sorts of ideas about how to make use of PK Touches for things other than just a straightforward PK Touch.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 08:03, Rick Maue wrote:
Hi,

Sincerely,
Tammy Maue

Tammy, let Rick know he is in our thoughts and prayers
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Tammy & Rick!
May,all good come back round to you!
For having us,"Keep the Change"!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hasn't Penguin Magic featured several lectures who dealt with PK Touches.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Didn't Peter Turner do PK Touches on his Penguin Live lecture.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lior or Banachek for PK touch? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL