The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breaking News From Steve Fearson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Sounds wonderful. Just reveived this E-mail from Steve:

Vectra Virtuoso is the most invisible of the Vectra threads.  It is also the most delicate but still surprisingly strong.  It's able to hold a credit card or drivers license with ease.

This thread can be used in a wide variety of lighting conditions, just INCHES from the noses of your audience!

Virtuoso has an ultra-smooth texture.  Unlike other fibers that are twisted or kinky, Virtuoso is completely straight and spooled that way.  You will feel the difference the first time the thread slides across your skin or fingernail.  It feels as smooth as silk, and the smoothness translates into your work.

Virtuoso has a precise amount of elasticity which acts as a shock absorber, improving your levitations by eliminating small jerks or shakiness.  You can actually flick the line while floating something and the levitating object will stay still.  Where other lines amplify your mistakes, Virtuoso corrects them.  Live, in real time. 

Virtuoso's elasticity is not to be confused with "springiness".  A kinky or twisted thread behaves like a spring.  Riggings for theatrical levitation have utilized an elastic, attaching it to the levitation wire in order to remove bounces from the performer and smooth out their flight.  Of course the degree of elasticity must be perfect.    It is with Virtuoso.

And of course Virtuoso is Virtually Invisible, perfect for extremely up close and personal performances.

With just the right tint Virtuoso readily absorbs light from throughout the spectrum, including natural light.  Combine that with lessened reflectivity due to a straight-edged profile, and we see Virtuoso outperforming even our famous John Haar brand thread.  We invite you to try it for yourself and see if you agree.    

(Wondering which thread is right for you?  Compare our threads)

Do you have the skills to work with the finest, most invisible stuff out there?

Do you value control more than convenience?

If you answered YES, then Vectra Vituoso is the thread for you.

Vectra Virtuoso arrives as a multi-filament thread which is easily separated into fibers that are virtually invisible.  Your package will include a link to an online video with basic handling instructions.  Although a beginner can work with this thread, it is very delicate when compared to the other threads in the Vectra series.  If you are new to thread work you may find the original Vectra Line to be much easier to work with and less likely to break, making your learning more enjoyable overall.

But if you have a bit of experience with thread work and are ready to take it to the next level by exploring some of the more extreme lighting and close-up performance situations then Vectra Virtuoso is exactly what you're looking for.

You receive well over 500 feet of unstripped thread.  With dozens of fibers in the strand, this means a LOT of thread.

BONUS!  Order now and you'll receive a sample of Stealth Black Master Wax  and a sample of the amazing Flesh Colored Master Wax absolutey FREE!  Just one tiny pellet of this amazing wax can hold the full weight of TWO decks of playing cards!  Fearson's Master Wax is the strongest workable magician's wax available, a must for high-end thread work.

Try a sample of this thread for a small shipping and handling fee.  To order your free sample from us now, select that option below.  You will only be charged $5 for shipping and handling.

Our first run of Virtuoso is due in 2-3 weeks.  We are accepting pre-orders at this time.  We expect a high demand for this item, please reserve yours now to guarantee delivery.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Wow $40.00 for unstripped thread?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah. A bit salty, eh?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Advertising makes is sound like its the next best thing to the Holy Grail of IT - it may very well be, though it might have needed to be a bit less breakable to make acutal HG status Smile

$40...well, 500 feet is a lot of IT, and would last a very, very long time. Curious, though...wondering if it is 500' all on a roll, or multiple pre-cut lengths totalling 500'. Hope the former (can't really imagine the latter).

I was thinking, "Wait awhile till the price goes down"...but if you're getting 500' the price might not go down. If it is all it is advertised to be, it might end up going UP in price! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I wrote a review on this in another, um, thread.

Chessman said it was the oddest review ever. lol.

I was having fun. Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 14:18, lokikross wrote:

I was having fun. Smile

Really, I just want to know your snake's name!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 14:26, Chessmann wrote:
Really, I just want to know your snake's name!

Haha! Her Name is Zoey. She says "Hi"!

Here she is when I got her 2 years ago. She is about 5 lbs now Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"Hi, Zoey! Have a little mouse on my bill!"
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 20:46, Lou Hilario wrote:

Much better deal than what people are paying for stripped thread. And this thread is indeed more invisible than standard WN. I don't think it is any stronger, but it is more invisible.

"Expert grade" is a good way to describe it - if you are new to thread work, then WN will be easier to learn with. But this stuff is by far the most invisible thread I've ever seen.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 15:08, Chessmann wrote:
"Hi, Zoey! Have a little mouse on my bill!"

"Thankssss!"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
With my Mr Magoo eyesight, I will probably never even be able to see the thread to be able to work with it!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 14:18, lokikross wrote:

I was having fun. Smile

That was a hilarious review...Im not sure if I know if the product is good or not so good...but I do know I feel like a better human being after reading that lol
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Is there a link to that review?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Daffydoug, the link is in LokI's post above!

Jim
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-05-28 22:14, SIX wrote:
That was a hilarious review...Im not sure if I know if the product is good or not so good...but I do know I feel like a better human being after reading that lol

Thanks SIX! You are a better man now! Smile

You too Jim!

Doug is on his way Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 00:18, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 20:46, Lou Hilario wrote:

Much better deal than what people are paying for stripped thread. And this thread is indeed more invisible than standard WN. I don't think it is any stronger, but it is more invisible.

"Expert grade" is a good way to describe it - if you are new to thread work, then WN will be easier to learn with. But this stuff is by far the most invisible thread I've ever seen.

-JoeJoe

That's good enough for me, JoeJoe! I value your opinion! Smile

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I second that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breaking News From Steve Fearson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL