The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Lethal Tender wallet: other uses? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
The Sterling LT effect comes with a wallet. I've not seen talk about it or any routines that take advantage of the fact that one side is different than the other. Not sure what I can post here vs. the private forums, but does anyone have ideas of how to make use of the "clear" panel side where the coins go? I was thinking of a coin transposition or disappearance. Obvious choices might be things you would do with a himber wallet, but also perhaps since there is a M****T involved, you could slide out two things that look as one or leave something behind.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Some of these 'wallets' come with a double layer of black material under the clear pocket, making for 1 regular pocket and 1 "black art" pocket behind that which can be used to store or ditch cards. Lots of possibilities.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
BTW, for those who don't know, Lethal Tender was created by Steve Dusheck and originally sold by him. I have no idea if Sterling bought the rights from Steve, but I don't see his name on the ad. If you want a glimpse into that creative mind, buy the CD-ROM he created describing some of his famous effects, many of which you can make up yourself. If you're really nice to Steve, and he likes you, he might allow you to buy other tricks from him. Just Google Steve Dusheck to find his web site.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I saw this trick at my local brick and mortar but didn't like it because the shim was a small phoney looking thing. I found one on Ebay that had a Bicycle back as the shim, so I bought it. I will have to wait until it comes to see the quality of it
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
TCB, it sounds like the one you saw at your store used the original cards of choice. Steve Dusheck originally used cards that were red or green with white wisps (if that makes sense) on them - is this what you saw? I'm not sure how they can be seen as phoney, personally, as it is just a playing card. Steve seems to have preferred that card to Bike backs, or others, and has often stated that there is "a reason for everything" he does.

BTW, to answer an earlier poster's question, Sterling Magic is the only authorized maker of "Lethal Tender". Also, some copy the trick using a shell, which is a departure (not a good one) from the original.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Yeah, the original version came with Kling brand cards like these (image):

You can still buy them today.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
That looks like the one I saw at the store. Is that miniature or regular sized? The one I saw had the green back like that , but miniature.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The trick comes with regular sized cards.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On , TCB wrote:
That looks like the one I saw at the store. Is that miniature or regular sized? The one I saw had the green back like that , but miniature.

They're not "miniature", but I believe they are "bridge size" which is smaller than "poker size" which is more common these days.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Maybe was different set then. the one I saw was a mini card
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Lethal Tender wallet: other uses? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL