The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey hey, it's Michael in LA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mickturbo
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
78 Posts

Profile of Mickturbo
Hey everyone,

My name's Michael Saikin and I've been a fan of magic all my life. I grew up in a small town in East Texas, and there wasn't much there in the way of magic stores, or any other way for that matter, but I'd buy whatever magic books for kids I could find and try to teach myself the simple slights inside. As I grew older I put these things aside, never quite having the time to dedicate to learning new tricks that I felt I needed. I went to school to study a different kind of magic; film. I moved to Los Angeles after college and I've found a small amount of success in writing (an episode of Futurama), but plenty of downtime as well. It was mere happenstance that I stumbled upon the Magic Café one day, and I couldn't be happier that I did. It's completely rekindled my love of magic and scanning the forums has become a regular habit for me.

I probably won't have a lot to add to the conversation as everyone here seems to have an awful lot of knowledge under their belts, but I'll try to contribute what little I can.

If you're on Twitter you can follow me @MSaikin. I hope you like terrible jokes if you do.

Thank you for your time,
Michael Saikin
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Mickturbo,

You've already got my attention. I'm a big fan of Futurama!
Will your writing credit be Michael Saikin?
I probably won't see it for a while because I have to wait till they are rerun here but I'll look out for it.

I'm not a twitter type but I look forward to your input here.

Are you mostly into Close-Up?

-Mary Mowder
Mickturbo
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
78 Posts

Profile of Mickturbo
Mary,

Yes, I received a written by Michael Saikin credit on the Pinta Island Tortoise segment of the Naturama episode. It aired at the end of last summer in the US.

I am interested in close-up that could be performed for small groups of friends and family. Also as a writer I have a strong interest in storytelling and have been drawn to bizarre magic lately.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Michael,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 54.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey hey, it's Michael in LA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL