The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Robot parties for children (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
When I was 6 years old in 1976, I attended a "robot party" for my friend's birthday party. Someone got the idea of getting all of his friends together in a room, while a robot talked to us. The robot was a machine that looked like a classical robot and lit up when it talked. It was able to hear us and respond to our questions. We also fed him food, as I recall. He talked about what it is like being a robot and made friends with us. There was nobody inside of the robot. The birthday boy told me afterwards that his mother told him that someone was in the other room. (I was dissapointed when he told me this.)

Is this stuff still done today? I wonder if it would play the same way today, as back then none of us had any experience with computers.
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
Actually, it was 1975.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That sounds cool. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
This could really go somewhere as an idea. I've seen some large-scale robots today (videos only).....pretty amazing technology. Crowds and kids love them! Smile Smile Smile Smile
His face isn't really this long in-person!
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL