The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertex topit. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Any reviews on this. I might be getting one soon. I have ordered a nice vest from a conpany and have not got it yet. 2 months now. I kinda think I got burned now. Anyways I was going to buy a vest and then the Vertex. So my question is do I need to get the Vertex 1st to see what the right vest to get?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
No one has this? WoW. Maybe I stay away from it.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I should have it tomorrow so will get back to you the day after, Wednesday your time
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I have never heard of it. Its a topit built into a vest I guess.
Like the regular topit, its just a tool. Is it good? yes..when
used properly. And no when used poorly.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 17:43, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I have never heard of it. Its a topit built into a vest I guess.
Like the regular topit, its just a tool. Is it good? yes..when
used properly. And no when used poorly.

Well, true, but there are also good tools and poor tools, or flawed ones, which can be a particular concern when looking at a new variation, or alteration, like this.

Obviously simply have a good tool doesn't mean good magic, but tools can be reviewed on their own as well.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thanks guys for the help. This looks crazy cool.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Nothing against the product...what's up with the evil witchy woman on the cover. IMHO, a big fail on the advertising end...unless you're going after the Wiccan magician...without a soul.

Peace, Charlie
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Seems good if you only wear a vest and work mostly with coins. I wonder how easily items can be retrieved from the topit?
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Vertex doesn't work like your usual topit.
The vest is closed when in working condition.
The great new is that you can work with coins (obviously), jumbo coins, cards and even your cell phone !
The retrieving is all easy and natural.
As said above, topits and vertex need to be handled expertfully, nothing automatic here, but a nice idea which works wonders !
Hope this help,

Cheers !
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Got this today, so have only played with it for a short time and watched the DVD. As advertised, its a topit for a vest, a more accurate description would be a pocket. Needs a vest type opening (V shape )I haven't tried it yet but I want to use it with a photographers vest which has a very similar front design V like a suit vest. Just setting it up very roughly, the target was very very easy to hit. Secondly, it was a very natural hand movement to achieve it, basically because of the location in front just below chest height. You could of coarse wear this all day. In fact, I like the look of a suit style vest so may even invest (pun intended) in one. This is what I expected and like it because I feel more comfortable making a ditch in front body position. It is only a tool, but if you like wearing vests, this is a very easy set up, easy to use and made well.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Just a footnote to the above post, this could easily be modified for the same retrieval chute as the TKO. I've been playing with it a little longer now and the hit is soooo easy and natural, really starting to like this very much. I guess it's like the Butler but higher up. Very well made. Great especially for coins or smaller items but larger flat items would work too.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
WoW sounds good so far. What about retreiveing the idem? It says its easy to do.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yeah, not so enthusiastic on the retrieval, the TKO is better engineered. Easy to modify to make like a TKO but need to adjust a little. No big deal (if you know the TKO design)but would have liked it better that way straight out of the box.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertex topit. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL