The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TT/3CF Noise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Although my 3CF can flip 720 degrees in air and land without breaking apart, the landing impact produces some undesirable noise. Do your TT/3CF do that and if so how do you resolve?

Kened
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Also applies to 3CM users.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I encountered that problem as well. I was told to perform in a noisier environment.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Lower your hand slightly just before the coin hits your palm to lessen the impact?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Done that chessmann, doesn't help.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think the only move now might be to ask Jaime for an exchange!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Never heard a sound from mine. Then again I try not to listen too critically; I usually figure that people are watching closely but not necessarily listening for the magic.

Sometimes we listen too closely when we practice, and practice is often done in a quiet place. Put some music on and you won't hear a thing! Smile

Jim
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
The noise comes from either one of the outer shell/insert not being flat, causing the outer shell wobbles when everything's closed. It's not really a soft noise. Do your TT/3CM/3CF wobble?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
No, I have no wobble in mine. It's pretty tight.

Jim
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
I think I had it inserted wrongly. It makes noise when [[[/ but pretty tight when [[/].
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thought you had it right with [[[/ ???
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Well, I really don't know which is the right way. But it doesn't wobble when [[/] which leads me into thinking it was machined that way.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Pretty sure it is designed to go the other way...but if it works and you like it and it doesn't mess up the routines you like...but doesn't it give you a double-headed coin?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
What do you mean. Does it look like a double heads/tails coin when it doesn't wobble. Cause that's not right.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
The whole point of the gimmick is to be able to show both sides by flipping it. That might give it away
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Well, the whole point of flipping it in the air is to indicate that it is one single coin. Spectators won't be able to see what is on which side during a flip of the gaff.

Jim
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
I agree with Jim. No turns out it doesn't bother me. Thank you everyone.

Kened
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Fyi the wobble is from the [\ 's [ bit. so it is much like { . I seem to recall someone here used to have a similar problem,, ?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TT/3CF Noise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL