The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Keyed Up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Anyone owns/knows about "Keyed-Up" by Anthony Miller? Smile
It sounds really interesting Smile

Cheers,
Gio
Kostya
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Kostya
I'm slightly biased, but I will tell you that this is definitely a great effect!

In the last few weeks I've performed it close-up, stand-up, and walk around, using a different presentation practically each time. I've had a lot of fun playing with the effect and the response has been terrific!

Since the method is so easy, you spend most of your time talking to the spectators, joking around, and having fun, until you get to the final punch and blow them away.

The other great thing about it is that there really is nothing extra to carry. I've put the keychain with my regular keys and since my keys are the one thing I always have on me no matter where I go, I'm set.

Unlike most mental effects, this one actually makes sense to perform and people love it. Most definitely reccomended.

-Kostya Kimlat
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Kostya, thanks for your comments. I'll try it, I've just ordered one Smile

Cheers,
Gio
Kostya
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Kostya
No prob. Would love to hear what you think once you play with it. Take care!

-Kostya
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
This one really sounds great! I'll be ordering one this Christmas! Thank you for the review Kostya.
Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings Smile
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I can't say how bad I think this trick is because I would be banned from the magic Café.

Product Description: A spectator randomly selects the characteristics of your dream car. Color, model and body style. You show that the spectator's choices matches yours!

Real Description: A spectator chooses from two options in each of three cateogries on a piece of card which you have to carry with you at all times. These 'choices' are then shown to match the choices on your keyring, even though there is a good chance that given the limited choice you present them with there is a good chance they may choose these characteristics anyway. There are the same odds as guessing heads or tails three times.

I HATE misleading product descriptions. The description leads you to believe that the spectator has a totally free choice in their random selection, not from a list of only SIX characteristics.

Pathetic. I'd like to hear what the other people who have recently purchased this heap of junk have to say about it.

This went back in the wrapper and onto ebay as fast as you can say rip-off.
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Mine has gone directly in the junk drawer Smile
The idea is nice, but it's not for me.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
I agree, Too few options breath chance to audiences. I sent it back after looking at it for 10 minutes.
Great idea though.

CG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Keyed Up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL