The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Princess Park Manor Séance DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I will push my bid to $52 if I can receiving a DVD of the seance and a DVD instead of a you tube video for the other.
I just didn't want to do a lot of work like I did when I had to dig up widow Mary's husband because she wanted to see him again past his due date.
Just let me know and if it is an actual option and I will increase mine.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Went ahead and pledged the $52 because time is running out and I will just hope you will do the DVD of the tele-seminar.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
A teleseminar dvd would be great.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It sounds like the teleseminar dvd is going to be the popular option, so let me go ahead and make that officially the actual reward (presuming full funding is obtained).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 10:19, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
It sounds like the teleseminar dvd is going to be the popular option, so let me go ahead and make that officially the actual reward (presuming full funding is obtained).

Good to hear that.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Less than 48 hours remaining, and we're just under 30%.
That Creepy Magician
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Maybe I could have added a 'discount double occupancy burial' for those who would bid higher....
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Just a few hours left; make or break time.

What has pleased me, is that the response, while not ideal, has been fairly impressive. 22 backers as of this posting, shows that even such a narrow interest as seance work still has roughly two dozen folks curious. As anyone who has ever released anything for magicians, the market is very small (and that's not necessarily a bad thing).

As I've said before, even if the project doesn't meet its funding goal, I plan on doing something for those who have pledged their support. Since I have nearly 25 people, I can state with certainty that I will finish the edit and make the DVD available to them. I still haven't decided whether to do the teleseminar, or just create an explanation DVD to go along with the performance. I'll be soliciting opinions later on.

Remember, that if the project doesn't get fully funded on Kickstarter, then no one gets charged anything when it ends. But I will keep the names and e-mail addresses of those who pledged, and only those will have the opportunity to obtain the explanation or teleseminar offering. So, if you want to be on that list, you need to make a pledge.

For those who have already committed, I thank you for your support.
That Creepy Magician
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Well . . . as anticipated, we didn't make full funding. But I do have the list of names of all who pledged, and after I finish editing the entire footage, I'll post a notice here that it's available (and what the purchase price will be). Since it will be a VERY limited run, I'll have to raise the price from $26 probably to about $39 for the performance-only DVD, however, the teleseminar/explanation DVD add-on will still be just an additional $26 (bringing the complete package to $65. Again, this will only be available to those who have pledged (and I'll be checking names). It'll probably won't be until around September before I'm done with the editing, but that means that this will be a lovely Hallowe'en present to yourself.
That Creepy Magician
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 19:35, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Well . . . as anticipated, we didn't make full funding. But I do have the list of names of all who pledged, and after I finish editing the entire footage, I'll post a notice here that it's available (and what the purchase price will be). Since it will be a VERY limited run, I'll have to raise the price from $26 probably to about $39 for the performance-only DVD, however, the teleseminar/explanation DVD add-on will still be just an additional $26 (bringing the complete package to $65. Again, this will only be available to those who have pledged (and I'll be checking names). It'll probably won't be until around September before I'm done with the editing, but that means that this will be a lovely Hallowe'en present to yourself.

Of course, your pricing is your decision, however you may get more buys at the price bid. If you out price your customers the drop in sales will offset the profit. After all, after the editing is done the reproduction should be easy. The first copy is most expensive and each additional copy is more profit. Before tackling the project you may want to send a personal e-mail to everyone on your list to see how many of the 20 or so backers are willing to pay the increased cost. You may find the list of those willing to pay the additional cost less than feasible.
Just my thoughts.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Why,do editing on a DVD?
Just burn some DVD's,and show the performance in real time,as the seance went,and filmed!
That would be more impressive,or useful to me!
I would much rather see as,how I would have seen live at the seance! Just saying!
That may be useful for training,and we may already know how to do most effects,or similar!!!
Kind of a training,DVD!
Best of luck,however you release!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

When we filmed the séance, we did so using a three camera set-up, so that one could see everything that happened using the best possible angle. The edited version will be the entire séance, just as you would have seen it if you were there. If you looked at the sample clip on the Kickstarter project page, you'll see an example of what the finished product will look like.
That Creepy Magician
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
OK,Thanks Philemon!
I should have went back and revisited the first clip on post,again!
Did not even think of being filmed with several,cameras!
Had in mind,it was a straight on shot!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Any update for those of us hoping to own a copy of the DVD?

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

The project has been placed on the back burner for now while I finish obtaining my B.A. in Mathematics. I have three more weeks to go, and then I'll have a lot of free time on my hands once more, at which point I'll start editing the remaining footage. I'll post updates as I reach certain milestones. Thank you for your patience (and continued interest).
That Creepy Magician
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Thanks for the update.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Princess Park Manor Séance DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL