The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Scripting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Roger:
In another post, you said:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 22:10, Jolly Roger wrote:
I do a lot of improvisation in my shows, and am not a fan of rigid scripts!

While you don't script out your show, how much scripting do you do for specific routines? Do you write out the scripts in advance or do you write them after you've performed them for a while? Or do you ever write out scripts?

Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great!
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Good to see you here Larry! I have never written a script in my life for either an adult or a kids show!! Before I perform a trick or routine for the first time, I naturally have a rough idea in my mind what I am going to do or say. However, when I first perform it in front of an audience, it becomes a dress rehearsal. I know this is an unconventional way of doing things, but it works for me. After I have performed the routine many times before an audience, it does eventually have a sort of script. I believe this script is far better than if I had written it all out in advance, and learnt it. I like every show to come across to the audience that it is the first time I have ever done it. That way it seems exciting and fresh and not stale and boring.

I do not suggest this method is for everyone, and it may shock some of you!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Scripting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL