The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UN attempted end run around US Constitution (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013......ion.html

Thus, we enter the age of constitutional globalization
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Again, if folks want to be governed in a certain way, go to a country that has that form of government. I want to live in the country that respects the Federal Republic devised for us by the Founding Fathers, protected by the Constitution as properly amended. Where elected representatives are servants of the voters, and remember their true function.

Why do so many love to hide behind the freedoms of this Country, while working to bring down the instruments that protect those freedoms?

Then when those who believe as I do band together, we are ridiculed, threatened and held up as enemies of the state. Our observations and arguments are brushed aside as irrelevant.

Washington warned a two party system would degenerate into a single entity, with loyalty to the party rather than the Constitution becoming the supreme goal of the special interest groups. Application of power to control the citizens brought to bare, instead of application of the Constitution to help the citizens pursue Life, Liberty, and Happiness.

As Moses, or rather Arron, said to pharaoh, "Thus saith the Lord, let My people go."
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The ‘Future We Want’

“On the eve of a historic Governing Council for UNEP, the High Level Meeting on the Rule of Law and the Environment brought together eminent Ministers of the Environment and government representatives with Chief Justices, Heads of Jurisdiction, Attorneys General, Auditors General, Chief Prosecutors, and other high-ranking representatives of the judicial, legal and auditing professions as well as representatives of partner organizations to discuss important recent developments, challenges and new opportunities regarding the rule of law in the field of the environment and how the rule of law can be promoted for greater effect in the quest for environmental sustainability, sustainable development and social justice.”

Participants reiterated that the rule of law at national and international levels can make a significant contribution toward forging an enduring partnership between the environment and development founded on ecological and social sustainability. Judging by the continuing trajectory of rapid environmental degradation and natural resource depletion, it was, however, universally recognized that its full potential had yet to be realized. Recognizing environmental law as a foundation for environmental sustainability and realizing its full potential was ever more urgent in the view of the participants on our quest towards sustainable development and new economic growth, but also towards just and fair societies vis-à-vis growing environmental pressures.

Through the Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development and UNEP’s World Congress on Justice, Governance and Law for Environmental Sustainability, both held in June 2012, the rule of law in environmental matters had received new affirmation. Through the World Congress, for example, over 250 of the world’s Chief Justices, Attorneys General and Auditors General seized a generational opportunity to contribute to the debates on the environment and that any diplomatic outcomes related to the environment and sustainable development, including from Rio+20, would remain unimplemented without adherence to the rule of law, without open, just and dependable legal orders.

The ‘Future We Want’, the outcome document of Rio+20, was cited as reaffirming the central role to be played by the rule of law on the path towards sustainable development and as a prerequisite for a successful transition to greener economies.

National judiciaries played therefore a crucial role in ensuring fairness and equity in the implementation of policies to further sustainable development.
Participants also discussed the themes of the meeting against the recently adopted Resolution by the UN General Assembly on the Rule of Law (A/RES/67/1) which underlines the importance of fair, stable and predictable legal frameworks for generating inclusive, sustainable and equitable development and maintaining peace and security, as well as a report on advancing justice, governance and law for environmental sustainability by the Executive Director of UNEP to the first universal session of UNEP’s GC.GMEF, which immediately followed the meeting (UNEP/GC.27/13).

Participants underlined repeatedly that individually and together, these important outcomes of recent international processes and developments had the potential to aid governments in making significant strides in making societies more just, enhance the rule of law and promote environmental sustainability.
The High-Level Meeting identified key solutions and actions needed, by a reformed UNEP and the universal membership of its governing body following Rio+20 and the World Community at large to achieve these objectives.
The strong linkages between sustainable development and the rule of law, such as the negative effects of transnational organized crime (including environmental crime) need to be made more explicit through the work of UNEP and beyond.
The mutually supportive relationship between the adherence to the rule of law and the respect for all human rights, including those related to the environment, must be better explored and utilized for the benefit of both fields.
 Access to justice in environmental matters is an important step towards environmental justice. It should be further promoted at all levels along with new and emerging principles, such as the non-regression in environmental law.
Public involvement in promoting environmental rights and capacity building in environmental law is important.
More focus must be placed on capacity building to advance environmental justice and to effect change and promote environmental justice. UNEP and the International Advisory Council on Environmental Justice have a key role to play in this as well as in promoting dialogue with policymakers on the legal framework to advance the outcomes of Rio+20 and the World Congress on Justice, Governance and Law for Environmental Sustainability.
A web based tool as well as a journal should be developed to provide and share information on jurisprudence decisions and with specific focus on the rule of law and the environment as well as in order to stimulate further debate on these issues.
UN wide initiatives concerning the rule of law and also the discussion surrounding the post 2015 development agenda in which the environmental rule of law should benefit from an integration of and focus on environmental justice and rule of law in the field of the environment more broadly."

http://www.unep.org/delc/worldcongress/

High Level. Gods and lesser gods in High Places,. Entities of Power, High Above us Ruling the World. The Royal “We” eh.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-04 21:15, Peter McMillan wrote:
Again, if folks want to be governed in a certain way, go to a country that has that form of government. I want to live in the country that respects the Federal Republic devised for us by the Founding Fathers, protected by the Constitution as properly amended. Where elected representatives are servants of the voters, and remember their true function.
. . .

Sounds great*, where is this place?

If only people actually were "free" to just leave, and be cut loose from the chains of the state which claims ownership over them. Try just "leaving" the usa. They claim they still own your income, no matter where you are in the world.

*Ok, not really, doesn't sound "great" at all. “But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 09:06, gdw wrote:
If only people actually were "free" to just leave, and be cut loose from the chains of the state which claims ownership over them. Try just "leaving" the usa. They claim they still own your income, no matter where you are in the world.

Not if you renounce your citizenship, I imagine. My mom has a friend who expatriated herself to Ireland several years ago. I'm pretty sure she doesn't pay (and isn't expected to pay) U.S. Income tax.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Heard a great line on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" this week:

"The government of today has no right telling us how to live our lives because the government of 200 years ago already did."

:)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Cute, but not so much. The rules that the government of 200(+) years ago laid out that still affect us were pretty much rules of limitation on themselves. So, yeah, the government of 200 years ago set rules that (to varying extents) we still go along with, but most of them don't "tell us how to live our lives.". That's mostly a much more modern invention. Or as one writer put it:

"America was a nation that basically said to its citizens: "Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 09:06, gdw wrote:

Sounds great*, where is this place?

*Ok, not really, doesn't sound "great" at all. “But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

Anarchy! That's the ticket! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UN attempted end run around US Constitution (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL