The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anybody heard of Tops Magic in South Carolina? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I'm thinking of ordering a couple items from them; their prices are very good. Anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks,

Ron
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Nope. Never heard of them. I'm sure they're fine though.

Google searching their street address, given on the website, it looks like they work out of their house.

Mark.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, Mark. That's helpful.

Ron
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I ordered something a couple of days ago and I have received an email that my item has shipped. Some of there prices are very good and shipping is reasonable as well
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, I just placed an order with them, so I shall see.

Ron
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ordered an item and received it quickly. They provide tracking.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds like a good company to do business with!! I'll have to give them a try myself.

Thanks Ron!!

Mark. Smile
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Got my item today and very quick shipping
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Anybody has webpage or where to find them?
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I received a phone call from them saying the package will be shipped out on Friday - it's a little bit of a delay, but I'm impressed they called me. So far, I like them a lot.

Ron

Their website is http://www.topsmagic.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Ron,
Are you getting the BATMAN COSTUME Smile ?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks like a good company.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I received my package today. Well packed, exactly what I ordered. I think I found a new place to start a lot of my on-line shopping. I never heard of this company before, but I guess they've been around for a few years. Their prices are cheapest I've seen, even when compared to 30 and 35 percent discounts.

Ron
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks for the follow-up Ron!! I am going to start using them myself.

Mark. Smile
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I got Chinese sticks. Very good price. Good service.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Just realized that Tops Magic and Madhatter Magic are the same company, run and owned by Bill Groome. Madhatter used to use Columbia, SC as their address, but it is now the same address as Tops in Lexington, SC, which is about 15 miles West of Columbia, being run out of his house when you google earth the address.

Never heard anything bad about Bill. Not sure why he decided to open Tops while already having Madhatter, but I guess that's his perogative.

As long as the customer is happy and gets what they ordered, quickly and for a fair price, then best of luck. I've dealt with him at Madhatter before and I'll place another order with him soon.

Madhatters site is http://www.madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/ while Ron gave us Tops above at http://www.topsmagic.com/

Mark.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks for that information, Mark. That is a little strange, but doesn't bother me. It's just interesting, I guess. I've ordered from Madhatter a few times - prices and service were very good, but it seemed prices at Tops are even better.

I've sent emails to Bill and he's always been responsive, so it's nice to know he's involved in Tops Magic too.

Ron
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 23:55, mrunge wrote:
Just realized that Tops Magic and Madhatter Magic are the same company, run and owned by Bill Groome. Madhatter used to use Columbia, SC as their address, but it is now the same address as Tops in Lexington, SC, which is about 15 miles West of Columbia, being run out of his house when you google earth the address.

Never heard anything bad about Bill. Not sure why he decided to open Tops while already having Madhatter, but I guess that's his perogative.

As long as the customer is happy and gets what they ordered, quickly and for a fair price, then best of luck. I've dealt with him at Madhatter before and I'll place another order with him soon.

Madhatters site is http://www.madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/ while Ron gave us Tops above at http://www.topsmagic.com/

Mark.

I've ordered from Mad Hatter several times and have no complaints at all with their service.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 10:55, ncsteve wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 23:55, mrunge wrote:

Mark.

I've ordered from Mad Hatter several times and have no complaints at all with their service.

Yes- Madhatter and Tops Magic are owned by the same guy. I think- he opened Tops just to concentrate more on magic items whereas Madhatter Shop is for a variety of items. I've had nothing but great service from Bill and the crew not to mention they are super helpful if you have questions. Further- I have been in a pinch before and they were able to deliver the goods I needed before my show very quickly on more than one occasion. They have a huge stock of inventory readily available.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I agree, Bill is an awesome individual to work with.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anybody heard of Tops Magic in South Carolina? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL