The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need help identifying Okito/Boston Box set please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
In a cloth ,three sectioned pouches are two Okito boxes,One Boston Box (only one lid to be shared with all three ( possibly two have simply been misplaced or lost) and two "loads"(?) that are solid copper cylinders which do not fit snugly in any of the boxes but can still be in any of the three boxes and covered easily by the lid. By all appearences I assume these loads were included in this set and not added later to satisfy someones approach to a coin box routine.

I want to say thet they were a gift from someone who had purchased them directly from David Roth.

Any help dearly appreciated.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Sounds like the David Roth coin box set, although Im unaware of the solid cylinder extras. I would guess one of the two boxes that are not the Boston box will hold back one coin when overturned. Give it a shot.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The solid box, or SLUG BOX as it's called, is used for a climax. Not sure why there are two of them. Roth may have had an extra one he gave to your friend. Put a lid on it. It will look like a regular coin box and the weight will be the same as if it held four coins yet the spec will be surprised to find it solid.

I believe this solid box was also offered by Roth at some point.
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Thanks Vernon...None of the boxes has the slot feature to retain a coin. I suppose it really dosent matter where the set originated, but I was curious none-the-less.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Usually box set only come with one lid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need help identifying Okito/Boston Box set please. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL