The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2003 entrée: Steven Youell » » The Promised Announcement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
We are now close enough to the needed 50 subscribers so that by the time most of you read this, the project will be closed to further subscribers.

Therefore here is the announcement I promised:

The CardGuy Compendium Project and all related
materials will belong to the original subscribers
and the people who work on the project. For the rest
of their lives, they and only they will be able to
distribute the material-- but never for profit.

There will be no commerical DVD's available ever!
The only way people will have access to this material is through the generosity and careful consideration of the project members.

The material will never be associated with a commercial enterprise or fraternal organization. Project members will be able to give away as many individual copies as they like but the people they give the material to will only be able to use it personally-- they will not be allowed to sell, trade or give it away. The license will be similar to the type of license that is used to distribute Linux and Open Source Software.

The purpose of this is to make quality instructional material for Card Magic available to any serious student at no cost.

When the last of the project members passes away, the material will immeidately go into public domain.

Questions?

Steven Youell
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
Whoa.....

This is totally unlike anything I've ever come across... I think it's a cool concept.
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
BRAVO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Steve I love this concept and i'm
very happy to be one of the 50 lucky members

LO -Key
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
If this announcement doesn't get the rest of the 50 people quota filled, I don't know what will.

Just glad to be one of the few,
Derrick
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
WOW that is so very noble. I love open source licensing (computer science major).

I can't wait for this!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I have less than a handful of suscriptions left.
If you know of someone who would be interested,
now is the time to e-mail them.

Steven Youell
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Now I am truly glad I'm in. cheers Steven and thanks for visting the Café.
Gene B
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA
193 Posts

Profile of Gene B
Steven--I responded directly to your web-site to include me as a subscriber. Will I receive an ackknowledgement that I'm one of the 50??

Thanks for making this possible--I'm anxious to hear all the sleights that will be included. Will you announce that up front??

Again Thanks!!

Gene B Smile
Gravity--It's not just a rule--It's the Law!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2003 entrée: Steven Youell » » The Promised Announcement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL