The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Going to subscribe, but which gift? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whbuch
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of whbuch
Right now, with one year you get a copy of Houdini's "Looking Glass". Two years gets you "Jennings 67." Three years gets you either "Talisman" or "Lost Notebooks."

Any recommendations which would serve me best? I would say I am on the amateur-edge of intermediate. I am solely interested in close-up magic. I enjoy card work but it's not my forte.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I'm planning to resubscribe and get "Jennings 67," which is a newly offered bonus. If you're not so into cards, I guess I'd go for one of the others, which probably contain non-card material.
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
When I tried to subscribe, it showed the book at $15 plus $5 for shipping. Was the book supposed to be free, or just a reduced price of $15? Also, it showed both Talisman and Lost Notebooks as out of stock. Thanks so much for any info anyone may have.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
The books are suppose to be free, you should contact Richard about it .
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I believe only the Talisman and Hilliard books are $15 plus $5 shipping (you need to sign up for 3 years to get these). The Jennings book is free with 2 years.

I just singled up for 3 years and selected the Talisman book. It sounds like it would be best for close up. It contains close up magic from the seventies and has many tricks with a "west coast" flavor according to what I read. 600 pages!

Jim
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I got through the looking glass 1-4 with my
Subscription and it's great not to advanced and a lot of card stuff some with coins and money and even some notes
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Our current bonuses are:

1 year (subscribe, renew, or add-on): Ricky Jay's Deceptive Practice DVD for only $15 postpaid (50% off the retail).

2 year (subscribe, renew, or add-on): Jennings '67, FREE. You just pay the postage.

3 year (subscribe, renew, or add-on): Talisman or Notebooks of John Northern Hilliard. Either one is $15 plus postage.

We ran out of copies of Looking Glass.
JimW
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JimW
I really like the Talisman book.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My wife just surprised me with a new subscription to Genii and Genii just surprised me with the Ricky Jay DVD. I can recommend it whole heartedly (sp).
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thank you!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Frankly... Genii doesn't need to come with any extras to prove it's worth. The fact that it DOES come with extras is a bonus x 10.

Any one of the extras is a great one. Jennings '67 is a book you should buy, regardless of your subscription. So... subscribe for 3 years and select Talisman, and then also add the Jennings book to your order at full price. Still one heck of a deal!

Better yet... subscribe for 6 years and see if you can get 'em all.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Going to subscribe, but which gift? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL