The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intercessor 2.0 - Gaetan Bloom (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I do not think that creating the same size tear is such significant a boon that it obviates the problems of exposure that this video has created.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I believe the video is a marketing tool to help serious customers make the purchasing decision. The complete opposite of this would be a misleading ad copy.

Regards,
Mike
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Plain fact is the Intercessor is great and the DVD with explanations will be helpful (to someone like me) -- and Gaetan Bloom is a genius -- simply a fact. I've seen his lectures several times and I'm always busting out laughing... I'd like to see him come to the US a bit more, though -- and come to IBM Ring 50 in Washington, DC!!!!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
This is a great effect. Looking forward to the new version.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 20:55, PapaG wrote:
I do not think that creating the same size tear is such significant a boon that it obviates the problems of exposure that this video has created.

Exposure of what and to whom? Did you like this video "hey check out Gaeton's net gimmick" on your facebook page? on BoingBoing? Hey Cory watch these magicians make a gaff to tear a bill for a trick? Huffingon Post gossip? Do you expect it featured on Jon Stewart's show or maybe on Letterman?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Got this and it is Great, but I already knew that it would be as I have a couple of the originals as well. I am, however, confused as to why they put one of the PDF's in only French. It looks interesting, so I may have to get it translated.

Robert
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I definitely got my monies worth out of the 1st intercessor. I'm not certain that I will purchase intercessor 2.0, but anyone who does not already own the original should snap this up!
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 23:03, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 20:55, PapaG wrote:

Exposure of what and to whom? Did you like this video "hey check out Gaeton's net gimmick" on your facebook page? on BoingBoing? Hey Cory watch these magicians make a gaff to tear a bill for a trick? Huffingon Post gossip? Do you expect it featured on Jon Stewart's show or maybe on Letterman?

If you intend that facetious list to go someway in defining your criteria of exposure then necessarily you can have no complaints. Obviously each to their own.
aqmagish20
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of aqmagish20
I have google searched and have not been able to find the lecture notes of Ted Lesley shown in the video by Gaeten. Anyone know where they can be obtained?

thanks - Andy
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Received this today but I'm a little lost unfortunately...

Can someone please point me to the section on the DVD that explains how to complete the gimmick for use in a deck of playing cards? All I've received is the base gimmick itself so I assume I need to carry out some further construction? There's no routine explained on the DVD for the basic usage with a deck of cards at all, as far as I can see...

Also for the 'effects' on the DVD there seems to be no actual performance which seems strange. This and the apparent absence of the explanation of construction makes me wonder if either the menu doesn't link to everything on the DVD or if some material was accidently left off?

I would also LOVE to see a version of the Mandragot PDF in English too, since I cannot read French. Is this likely to be made available I wonder?

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Gaetan did a Penguin LIVE lecture a couple of weeks ago and really went into details about the Intercessor 2.0 and the workings.

I already have 10 ideas were I want to use it.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3657

The Intercessor was just a few things he taught...one of the better lectures.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
That lecture looks like it'll be pretty good but I would have expected the basic explanation of how to construct the Intercessort card gimmick to be on the DVD with the product itself... it must be there somewhere!!! Does he describe this in the Penguin Lecture?
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Jamie,

It's easy to overlook it, but I just went through the DVD till I found it for you. Watch the History section, it starts about half way through where he shows how to construct the gimmick.

Hope this helps!

Robert
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Thanks Robert - will take a look!
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 11:01, jbadman wrote:
(...)I would also LOVE to see a version of the Mandragot PDF in English too, since I cannot read French. Is this likely to be made available I wonder?(...)

There are no official plans to have it available in English but I'm doing my best to translate it. More news on that soon.
Yann SICAMOIS
Archey
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Archey
I did like Luis De Matos's idea of having a cut down version on a pull rather than the usual way,
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I agree and the extra little bit he added to it with his ring seemed convenient.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intercessor 2.0 - Gaetan Bloom (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL