The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Must Get This Bottle of Wine! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 16:53, MobilityBundle wrote:
Let me know when they come out with a MasterMindReader vintage. (In vino veritas indeed?)

I already have one. It's re-labeled Thunderbird.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 08:10, Michael Baker wrote:
A friend gave me a bottle of Banfi Champagne when my son was born. I have kept it cool and dark ever since. My son turns 21 at the end of this month. It should be interesting.

Michael, you might try contacting an on-line wine merchant to see how drinkable it will be. I did that for a vintage bottle of Cristal I have from 1995, and was told if kept properly it will be good for another few years. Am waiting for the right occasion to open it.

I'm sure a good merchant would be able to tell you what to expect.

Hope you and your son have a wonderful birthday party!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 13:42, Dennis Michael wrote:
Rook??? More like a bishop.

Look again. It's clearly a rook. A bishop tapers to a point at the top (representing a bishop's mitre). This one clearly shows the castle ramparts and has a representation of bricks around the tower.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 14:51, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 13:42, Dennis Michael wrote:
Rook??? More like a bishop.

Look again. It's clearly a rook. A bishop tapers to a point at the top (representing a bishop's mitre). This one clearly shows the castle ramparts and has a representation of bricks around the tower.

So how do you explain that the piece we call a bishop is an elephant in Russian? (I think also in Arabic and Farsi.) Or a fool in French?

:)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Dear me I need to get some specs! All this time I have thought that your name was Cheeseman.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
In my wine collection I have Blackstone (of course), Queen of Hearts, Bicycle, Red Diamond, Rabbit Trick, Silver Label (AG is the Latin abbreviation for Silver, my last name) and, of course, Silver Oak. Then there is the bottle of Marilyn Merlot.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 15:22, tommy wrote:
Dear me I need to get some specs! All this time I have thought that your name was Cheeseman.

Craig Petty called me "Cheeseman" on the WPR when he quoted my Café post re: a nice little suggestion on how to routine "Tiny Plunger". He said, "Not very helpful, Cheeseman!"

Hilarious!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Must Get This Bottle of Wine! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL