The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Apple ios7 DO NOT UPDATE (BUGGY) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Guys,

Apple did it again. I knew they would do something like this.

Don't update ios7 till we say everything is okay.

According to Sean from OneTrack.

"there is a serious bug in iOS7 (which doesn't just affect me) which means audio fades are not working in OneTrack. I have been on to Apple about it and am waiting for their solution. I would advise that you do NOT update to iOS 7 if you need OneTrack fades to work."

This bug also affects PlayMyQ and other show controllers.

Not sure when or if Apple will address this issue.

Once again, DON'T UPDATE to ios7 if you want to keep your fade.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Correct me if I am wrong but IO7 is not out yet. Yes there is a developers version but the final version will not be out for a couple more weeks maybe the final version will have a fix. It is kinda getting the cart before the horse here.

Ron
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Ron,

Apple already seeded the golden master of iOS 7 to developers for their final testing and application preparation. Being that the golden master is the closest thing to the final release that developers have to test with.

The ios7 firmware should be available on September 17th and I doubt that Apple cares for the small minority that uses software to fade music. App developers should be able to have a work around, might take a while. Meanwhile users of the app might have to wait to upgrade to ios7 or stay on their current firmware if it works.

Why fix something that works??

The post is just a prevention notice.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Fortunately, I use OneTrack on my 4th Gen iPod Touch which will not be able to upgrade to iOS 7 so it won't affect me there. I will have to hold off on updating my iPad Mini until Sean figures out how to make it work with iOS 7.

Thanks for the notice.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Because people have been asking me, let me mention that Show Cues is ready and working great on iOS 7. All Show Cues features including the fade are working.
Thanks!
Carl
OneTrack App
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of OneTrack App
Unfortunately this was something that should have been kept between me and my beta testers. I did not ask Rafael to post this here and I will be sure I don't mention anything like this in the future. This has indeed been fixed by Apple before the release and this is what beta software is for, testing!!!! I apologise to those of you have been unduly alarmed by this false info and assure you that OneTrack works fine with iOS 7. Kind Regards, Sean.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
This got fixed by Apple recently, to my surprise. They may or may not change something else that can affect operations.

This thread is a caution to a potentional issue that may or may not happen. Think preventive maintenance.

Might still be best to wait till the official release, though OneTrack should work.

I'm personally on ios4.3.3 on my iPad and 5.0.1 on iPhone. Since I'm jailbroken I see no need to upgrade since Apple hasn't released anything new that I haven't been using in a jailbroken phone. I highly doubt I'm ever going to buy the pink iPhone 5C.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I do still have an issue with onetrack at the moment; I cannot add new playlists. When I click add nothing happens. Since I lost all of my music updating to iOS 7 I had to re-add all my old songs. This broke the link to my existing playlists. So now I can't make new ones nor play my old ones.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Hmm.

Delete the App, restart phone and then reinstall the app.

If that doesn't work contact the developer.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Chris,

As per my PM, are you able to create new playlists in the iOS 7 Music Player? If so, do they show up in OneTrack? I'm finding that I can't create custom playlists in OneTrack but the playlists I create in the iOS 7 Music Player do show up in OneTrack. That means OneTrack is still fully functional for me. I just can't create custom playlists within it.

I'm sure Sean will respond shortly.

Michael
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I hate the new calendar. It is now harder to view my show bookings. They copied the Android style.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Guys,

Michael has a work around till OneTrack is updated. Luckily it's the only feature that is broken but should be an easy fix. Just read his post above.

As I said, don't update to ios7 if you want OneTrack to be 100% functional. Wait till the app is updated and Sean or Michael give the okay.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Update is being worked on and when completed, I'll announce when it's submitted to AppStore.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Update is being worked on and when completed, I'll announce when it's submitted to AppStore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Apple ios7 DO NOT UPDATE (BUGGY) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL