The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Dream Come True (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
The effect by Chris Moore through Black Bird Magic. Anybody able to report on this effect? What skill level? What venue? Is it easily repeatable? What kind of reaction do you get? Thanks!
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magicmagician83
Did you notice in the demo that he spreads the blue deck face up to reveal the red card face down in the middle? Hmmmmm I wonder why. Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Here is a link!

http://www.adreamcometrue.biz

Pretty Cool effect! I had Chris,do a Demo for me on Sunday!

Maybe,the demo vid in link,will explain the Red card in a Blue deck!

For,you card lovers! Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

That is the clip I saw. Where as I am impressed with the trick and have purchased it, I think that any clever thinking person would be suspicious that the second deck is not shown on both sides but rather is only shown to have a blue card on top, then spread face down. A lay person may not say anything but as a magician I know I want to see both sides of that second deck. Still a great trick and I have my theories on the method, but this looks clean and impossible and no matter what the method is, this effect in itself is amongst the most impossible things you can do with a signed card. Consider this:

1. The deck is shuffled by the magician AND the spectator.
2. The spectator handles the deck and selects ANY card they wish.
3. The card is burried ANYWHERE in the deck by the spectator. I say anywhere because he could have cut ANYWHERE.
4. The cards are openly placed in the box which is then CLOSED.
5. The deck is then placed in the top pocket but still in view! Never out of site.
6. The second deck is FAR away from the first and of a different color.

I think this is as clean and fair as it possibly could be minus the fact that you can not show the second deck front and back.

I will write a full review when I receive the trick.
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Sorry, in the second sentence I meant face up. The backs can not be shown, but I can not reveal why I think they can not be shown.
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Ok here is my review.

This is a fantastic trick and to a lay audience is absolutely impossible. Even to magicians it is impossible if you are not aware of D*** S*****. He goes into great detail about how to do the move, how to install the gimmick, and even options that do not require a jacket. Everything you need aside from a few household items, are included in the kit. It works like a charm and fools the pants off everyone. The dvd is not studio quality but it is good enough to understand well and learn how to do the effect. I am very pleased with it and will be performing this a lot. You can easily make this up yourself if you think about what is going on here.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
The lad who assisted was thoroughly underwhelmed. . Had to chuckle . .Good to see a decent demo, without any bells and whistles.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
The lad who assisted was thoroughly underwhelmed. . Had to chuckle . .Good to see a decent demo, without any bells and whistles.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Does it require clothing alterations?if so not interested
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Yes it does require you to alter the jacket. It's not too difficult but it is a bit involved. No sewing needed, but I personally would highly suggest you sew it. I put mine in my renaissance festival costume and it floors people. However I do wish you could show all the backs of the blue deck but all in all it is a fooler to lay people. Just thought his presentation wasa bit dull. Try to spice it up and make it more fun and don't talk about running through the hosue naked.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I would totally talk about running through the house naked! oh wait. no I wouldn't. I don't talk onstage.
But I do think this is a good trick and it gives me an idea for something that I have wanted to do for a loooong time.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
"I would totally talk about running through the house naked! oh wait. no I wouldn't. I don't talk onstage"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, the patter was a bit CREEPY: Telling the young boy that he (a 66 year old man) likes to run around the house NAKED. Plus, the "I'm only 65" joke went right over the kid's head.

I know this is just a demo video, and the boy might have been his grandson, for all I know. But never never use that patter in a real show!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The trick looks darn good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbYA276voP0&feature=youtu.be

His joke would work if David Regal did it. In a monotone voice, it's a bit creepy.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
You could do a similar effect with the Extractor and without the clothing alteration and the deck can be examined at the end.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Dream Come True (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL