The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Missing Piece Puzzles & Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The Missing Piece puzzle can become a magic trick under the right circumstances, and Spellbinder's latest offering in The Wizards' Journal #25 ("Missing Card Puzzle") shows a couple of ways to do this. Ton Onosaka has a Missing Piece Card Puzzle on the market but it uses a scattered pattern of playing cards to achieve its goal, while Spellbinder's uses an ordered pattern of all 52 playing cards, similar to the old gag card. The difference is that Spellbinder's gag card is made up in pieces that combine to form the gag card. Sure enough, a chosen card is located in there somewhere, but only when the spectator takes the pieces and tries to complete the puzzle is there one card missing, leaving a hole in the puzzle, and it just happens to be the card that was selected before the trick began. There are other mysteries included in his presentation, and since you make the puzzle yourself, the card chosen can be a different one every time you perform the trick puzzle. As a bonus, Spellbinder has included some other missing piece puzzles, including the one made from a US dollar bill called "Where's George?".
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Videos have now been posted on Vimeo for both the "Missing Card Puzzle" and for "Where's George?" which is included as a bonus. You can find them direct on Vimeo, or go to the Wizards' Journal #25 on the Magic Nook site.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
You have me intrigued with "Where's George?". I have to go get it. Love the Wizards' Journal.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I found a pair of inexpensive "missing Piece" puzzles on the "Bits and Pieces" web site. These would make great close-up puzzles to carry around.

http://www.bitsandpieces.com/product/sli......nteasers
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Where can I buy the journal ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Where can I buy the journal ?

At the Magic Nook. See my signature.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
OK got it thanks.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just downloaded the magic puzzle piece, for 5 dollars a bargain.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, jimgerrish wrote:
I found a pair of inexpensive "missing Piece" puzzles on the "Bits and Pieces" web site. These would make great close-up puzzles to carry around.

http://www.bitsandpieces.com/product/sli......nteasers

My mistake. These are NOT "missing piece" puzzles, but ordinary shape puzzles. I ordered a set to find this out. They are nicely made, but the square shape is only achieved by including the red piece, so it does not fit the definition of a true "missing piece" puzzle. Sorry!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Missing Piece Puzzles & Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL