The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Doc Eason's "...after all these years..." DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
When Doc called me and said he had a new dvd in the works I could hardly wait until the finished product would become available. After all, anything Doc Eason was making would be worthy of my attention and so I patiently waited with great anticipation. Despite several tech issues Doc had with the duplicators, he was finally able to release his new project to the world. It was but a few short weeks later that my own copy arrived in the afternoon mail and it took but moments for me to insert the disc into my machine to take a good look. The following is a few thoughts on the matter. Enjoy. Smile

Doc Eason's "...after all these years..." DVD
------------oOo-------------

Description of disc: The winter season of 2002/2003 marked Doc Eason's unbelievable 26th winter season performing at the world famous TOWER COMEDY MAGIC BAR in Snowmass Village Colorado. Rarely in magic history has anyone performed in the same venue for as long. In today's world of rapid change, this unprecedented run stands out as truly remarkable.

To help commemorate this record breaking run, Doc is releasing some never before recorded material to his loyal fans. In this third volume of live performance, Doc once again shows his warm personal style along with his sophisticated wackiness, the hallmark of his performances. You will see how warmly his audiences respond. He remembers his audiences and they remember him. He keeps them laughing as he befuddles their minds

------------------------------------------

I first learned of Doc Eason's incredible magical style years ago when I received a copy of his now classic Rocky Mountain Magic video. A performance only tape made for tourist to buy as a momento of their trip to the Tower magic bar in Snowmass Colorado, I was very impressed with not only the magic that I saw, but more importantly the performer I was watching who was working behind the bar and amazing all these people. Great magic and a good learning tool for those who care enough to pay attention to an obvious master of his craft. Smile

A few years later Doc released a trio of tapes through the good folks at L&L Publishing which not only covered the magic I saw on that first video tape, but dared to explain the sacred methods as well.
Again, good material and with the added bonus of Doc tipping his mitt as it were. Smile

Since that time I had pretty much given up hope of ever seeing any more footage of Doc at work. After all, Doc had already taught his entire Tower Magic Bar set and if there was some more bits of business, odds were the magic community would never see any of it materialize. I even formulated the concept that perhaps Doc was possibly holding back a few goodies and all I could do was hope for the best.

Well, I have some bad news and some good news. First let me tell you about the bad news. The bad news is the fact that Doc is NOT teaching any magic tricks on his latest dvd here folks, a few bar bets to be sure, but not any magic tricks per say. The good news is Doc does give his diehard fans a chance to see him performing several new items that will most likely fool you and as a bonus presents some good sound lessons normally only avalable by seeing Doc in person. Smile

That's right, like his first video project this is a performance only dvd. For those of you who may be disappointed to hear that..don't be. What you have here is an opportunity to see Doc working his wonders before real people and proving once again why presentation and timing are so very important in our craft. For a lay audience this is a great magic show, for the aspiring magician wanting to see what it takes to entertain in the real world, this is Magic 101, so be sure and have a pencil and tablet close at hand to take notes for future reference. This disc is a joy to watch and I would encourage anyone who enjoys Doc Eason's brand of magic to pick up a copy asap!

As a side note, Doc tells me that this is the final season that the Tower Magic Bar in Snowmass will be open. That said, this dvd is now the very last footage ever shot of Doc working behind the bar and is destined to become a collectors item. Recommended. Smile

------------------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is: $25.00
(if ordering by mail please include $2.00 for shipping)

Available EXCLUSIVELY from:
Rocky Mountain Magic

You can contact Doc Eason 24/7 at:
doc@doceason.com

Doc Eason
P.O.Box 50
BASALT, CO. 81621

Phone: 1-800-594-7771
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Doc Eason's "...after all these years..." DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL