The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » What puppet to make next????? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I want to get going on another personal project sculpted puppet build.
I will do work in progress pics and updates along the way here on the Café.
Let me ask the members on the Café - what kind of character/puppet would you like to see me make next?
I'm up for a challenge - so shoot me some ideas! I will pick the best idea and show the process from start to finish. This should be fun Smile
Thanks!
Damien
ventellis
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ventellis
Howdy...I am more of a lurker in these parts but I wanted to chime in because I'm such a big fan of your work. I would love to see you do a drunk (I've always been partial to drunk characters) or possibly a high energy, awkward kid with braces. The type of kid that spends his nights on World of Warcraft....knows his way around a computer but not a girl....fights bullies with his wit...etc etc.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Thanks ventellis! Great idea - I have always wanted to make a drunk character (in fact, your post reminded me that I have had a drunk character written for years that I just have not had a chance to build - His name is 'Pickles').
I also like the awkward WOW kid idea as well. I might have to do both Smile
But for now - I think the drunk wins out! THAT will be my next puppet project!
Stay tuned! Progress pics to follow!
Damien
ventellis
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ventellis
Woohoo! Can't wait to see it come to life!

Tyler

P.S. "Little Kings", or a painted worcestershire sauce bottle, make great mini beer bottles. I made a little bud bottle for the first figure I built...I went with a plastic bottle so I didn't have to worry about weight or it breaking. I just painted the inside with a brown spray paint.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Ventellis -
I absolutely love your 'Hank' drunk character! I really like the bottle idea.
I am think of having him hold an open glass.. Might be funny to have some spillage during the routine Smile
I will be starting on my drunk tomorrow!
I will post pics as soon as I get things done!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Damien
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
Another great one on the way.
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work Damien.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Wow.. it's been a while since I have had a chance to work on this fellow..
I have finally gotten a chance to do a litle bit of work on this guy.. I will update pics as I am able.
As always, I would love to hear any criticisms or feedback! This characteres name is 'Pickles' and he is going to be a stereotypical drunk character.
Thanks!
Damien
Pic is after a few hours of puttering with clay just getting some general forms down.. It is quite cold in my workshop - so the clay is pretty hard.. I've got to get a microwave in there I guess. Point being is that is is kind of slow going for the sculpt.
Anywhoo, nore pics to follow!

Click here to view attached image.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Hey All,
Here is Day 2 on Pickles.. Again, just working on the general forms of the sculpture. This is going to be a foam latex pupet with some animatronic elements (Jaw still operated by hand).
Thanks for looking!
Damien

ventellis
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ventellis
The face is really taking form! I like the jaw work you did recently...bravo!
TheDummyDoctor
View Profile
New user
U S A
76 Posts

Profile of TheDummyDoctor
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 02:56, damien666 wrote:
Hey All,
Here is Day 2 on Pickles.. Again, just working on the general forms of the sculpture. This is going to be a foam latex pupet with some animatronic elements (Jaw still operated by hand).
Thanks for looking!
Damien

Gotta say...your sculptural skills are mighty impressive. Can't wait to see what this guy looks like finished!
-------

Alan Semok, Ph.D (honoris causa)

THE DUMMY DOCTOR

Building Pro Vent Figures since 1966

web: www.AlanSemok.com/dummies
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Wow!
Such kind words from two amazing artists that I look up to big time! Thanks Tyler and Alan.
I have been able to do a little bit here and there on this guy..
Here he is thus far.. just hammering out the forms a little at a time. I am kind of working without a design on this one..
I usually sketch an idea of what I want the end product to look like... but I am just sort of winging this guy.
I'm sure I will make a lot of changes before he is done.. of course - any thoughts of suggestions along the way is would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for looking!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » What puppet to make next????? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL