The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help Routining my Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi, I need help routining the following effects into several restaurant table hopping routines.

Two Card Monte
That’s It (ETMCM2)
Ambitious Card (ETMCM2)
Dr. Daley’s Last Trick (Be Honest, What is It?) (ETMCM2)
Play It Straight Triumph (ETMCM6)
Jumping Gemini (ETMCM6)
Reset (AOA1)
Twisting the Aces (ETMCM2)
Color Monte
Las Vegas Leaper (AOA1) (Only if I can find a better count)

As you can see, most of them are from ETMCM or Art of Astonishment. These are my favorite card effects that get good reactions. I need help separating them into routines to perform in restaurants when I try to get a job. Also, I don't need to use all of these. If you think I should leave some out or include others, please tell me. I'm only going to use Las Vegas Leaper if I can find another way for the spectator to count the cards. Right now, whenever I hand the spectator the cards and have him/her count them, the cards reveal the secret (thats all I can say without exposure). Any help routining these for table hopping would be greatly appreciated. Smile
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I would recommend following the rule of three. Take 3 of the above mention card routines and make mini sets. If you are planning on only doing cards.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
You should know how to routine effects if you are going to start table hopping. maybe you should get a book with some advice on this topic, Jim Pace has a great book that covers this. Also you should have more of a variety then just cards for table hopping.
DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
Agreed... if you have friends that wanna take an hour and help you, show them what you have, expose the secrets, and get their input... best if you have friends who write or act, but not necessary. Smile
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Why would you "HAVE" to expose the secrets? Isn't that breaking the first rule of magic? I don't think it's necessary to expose anything.

Get their input yes.
Expose NO!
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Hey, Try a signed Ambitious card then a signed card to pocket, then a signed card to shoe or something. That works for me all the time and it gets great reactions and is pretty easy to do and resets very easily. Work on a one coin routine with a killer climax and that can play really well. I think the trick is called Countdown on one of the ETMCM, then reverse the order of the cards then go into Play it Straight Triumph.

Good Luck,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
It's kind of strange how many people ask about effects and don't give us any idea of their character. We need to know the who along with the what. Just to help you better.

-Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help Routining my Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL