The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Do you know the name of this card trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
I am trying to find out if there is a name for the following trick. you need 17 playing cards and cut them in half down the middle (34 halves) shuffle them etc and you need two assistants. one assistant cuts the deck and gives the other half of the deck to the second assistant. they both count their pile of cards without telling you. you them shuffle again and flick through the cards and the first assistant remembers the card at their number without telling you, same again for the second assistant. Both assistants find their card ( half card) and put it face down on the table. Guess what, the two halves are the same card. I know the trick but I am sure it is more common than I think. many thanks for your time! mike
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Hi there il Pm you there now I think I no it
JustCraig
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of JustCraig
Half Cut coincidence - I first read it in the Paul Daniels Adult Magic book.

I perform it regually - I also come up with an alternative handling where I use fewer cards and the two halfs selected actually have different colour backs that the rest as an extra kicker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Do you know the name of this card trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL