The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Controlling The Magic Enviroment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
I was really thinking about the odds of what was going on with the magic last night and the past few weeks... It comes down to this... I think somehow I'm affecting the behaviors, comments, and actions of the people I have been interacting with... They subconsciously do things around me in my favor and act out what they are supposed to do next, because I'm thinking of it, or know what’s next...

I'm thinking it’s a God given talent, like they say we all become like God... I think this is a sneak peak of some evolution or something
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Care to be more specific about what's been happening? Sounds interesting.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Yes, it appears things manifest in my magic the best possible way... almost I'm in full control of not just the presentation, but in the audience themselves. This seems very strange... take some examples of what has been happening..

1.) People finishing my lines or saying my bits that I'm just about to say next.
2.) People pick the exact best possible outcome.
3.) At a evening show, (where the person was scripted that who was going be involved in the next trick, by the host) would seem to get up and leave at their time, It happened like 2-3 times. Then, I was doing the 'paper napkins over the head' effect, in which, you need a chair. Just so happen, the guy that was choose to help out by the host, was moving a chair in front of me.

Other strange things, that I can't explain. The best way to put it...it is as though, I'm controlling my reality from another level. It's been pretty amazing!
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Here's 3 moments in detail:

First magic moment

Last night, there was a senior citizen table...I showed them the Dean's Box, I have found they really enjoy the effect, my presentation is about Harry Houdini and they relate to that. For those that don't know the effect, there are 3 phases to it. I have been performing the first two phases and ending with a line, "What you saw before could be just sleight of hand, but this one is on Houdini', as I throw in the ring. I found this line strengthens the final phase to kind of hands off approach... where people walk away thinking, he didn't even touch anything. Well now for the REAL MAGIC, the wise cracker guy, throughout the magic, was throwing in his 2 cents... lines like "You’re not going to tell us how you did that now are you", "This is part of the trick", "You’re going to cut the rope", "Can you saw me in half", etc. etc. Being a professional, I laughed at his side lines, give him standard comic replies, and let him express himself, but then came to the 3rd phase of the Dean's box, to the very exact point, right before I was going say the 'Sleight of hand' line... Where he comes out with... 'This is all just beensleight of hand" - I simply smiled and took a second to being stunned in my own magic moment... What are the odds?!?! - So, of course, I played off him... making him feel that he challenged me a bit... and 'You might be right sir, so this one is on Houdini' as I threw in the ring. They were STUNNED!

Second magic moment -

I introduce myself and the guy immediately says, 'I have your name on my desk at work' What?! Turns out he was there to watch me and book me for an upcoming school gig for Xmas. Kinda magically. But, then his wife, turns to me after loving a mental routine I showed her and says "You should perform at the Ohio Theatre'. I was stunned! I just booked a show the day before and the head lady was going to come up to see me that night and I was expecting her... They laughed and said told me they have made a 'mental' connection with me (because of the previous routine). Once again, I was STUNNED, what are the odds?! I booked the Xmas show right there.

Third magic moment -

Barside, performing a killer card effect, I call it 'The Dead Man's Card'; This was the last effect out of around 3 effects, that just blew them away. Laughing at the right moments & stunned at all the phases. In this effect, if the spectator picks a certain number 1-52; the trick is done, I do nothing and it is EXTREMELY strong, because I don't even touch the cards. Out of all the times, doing it, I have had NO ONE pick the right number, but last night they did. Again, I was STUNNED! Very REAL MAGIC moment.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Google Confirmation Bias

But then, you knew I was going to tell you to do that
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Nice Payne. Hehehe- well, hopefully you can still have hopes, dreams, and aspirations. I'm not preaching, I know it's real. I don't need someone to believe it, I just wondered if someone else experiences it to? This stuff has been happening to me all my life. It's hard to deny a magic prop that magically appears backstage, when you forgot it at home before the rehearsal. Of course, this version is a version that isn't even owned by you, but a professional version of the same trick.
Google Apport -

Or Street lights go out or come on when you travel underneath them. Computers, registers, and machines failing or working when you are around them
Google Technokinesis

Or finding your wallet that you lost weeks ago, simply by quieting your mind in the dark and drawing what you see: http://www.dojopsi.info/forum/index.php?......msg40192

Google Remote Viewing

There is a lot in the world that isn't explained or known by the masses. We live on a stone, 93 million miles away from a burning, gaseous fireball, in middle of a spiral of trillions of trillions of strange worlds, realms, and forces. Naaaah, nothing can happen here like real magic?!
(Bury head back in the sand)
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Ok Master Payne - I was in 45 mins of watching a Magic Session on and off all night tonight, on YouTube (TheMagic Session.com - Jam Session with Luke Dancy, Mark Calabrey, Jeff Prace) and right after I posted to you (within a few moments) I heard through my headset, Jeff Prace mentioned that he saw you on Magic Live 'Master Payne' Lecture and how you commented on all the greatest magic in magazines.

Within moments of this post to you... what are the odds, for me to pick that session to listen to (there was several to choose from, and I took awhile to choose) and then to be on Magic Café tonight and to post to you and then hear your name through my headset... but I'm sure that it's just Confirmation Bias....

Like I said... all my life.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Put yourself in the place of any audience that is 'actually' out to have a good time. In all but a very, very few freakish instances (maybe) folks will wish the performer to 'be' successful in whatever realm they are watching. How much fun would it be to watch a comic or comedian that doesn't get laughs? How about a singer that sings off key or has a cold, etc.

In magic if 'you' have the skill requisite to making a 'magical' outcome and you open in such a manner that you readily establish that you in fact do know what you are doing AND you have not alienated the audience in some manner....the reality is that folks will WANT you to be successful. Very few folks actually watch a magician hoping they can figure out how it's 'done'. It's the value of the 'Dilemma' that it's secret stay secret.

But, that aside, generally folks will be with you until and unless your presentation or personalty make being 'against' you more entertaining......
Brad Burt
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

I agree with you Brad and understand completely, but the synchronicities were TOO amazing to think any other way. I really believe as performers we sometimes tap into something really magical. We get into a jive and we start to affect our reality and anyone in it.. in almost a super natural way. Like many mentalist state that they actually have real experiences of mind reading from time to time.

It's just another element of why I love to do what I do. It's a magically world!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Quote:
Ok Master Payne - I was in 45 mins of watching a Magic Session on and off all night tonight, on YouTube (TheMagic Session.com - Jam Session with Luke Dancy, Mark Calabrey, Jeff Prace) and right after I posted to you (within a few moments) I heard through my headset, Jeff Prace mentioned that he saw you on Magic Live 'Master Payne' Lecture and how you commented on all the greatest magic in magazines.

Within moments of this post to you... what are the odds, for me to pick that session to listen to (there was several to choose from, and I took awhile to choose) and then to be on Magic Café tonight and to post to you and then hear your name through my headset... but I'm sure that it's just Confirmation Bias....

Like I said... all my life.

This is not amazing at all.

Think of all the people you interacted with that weren't on the session you listened to. And of course, this is a magic forum, you're a magician, and Payne is a magician. You're already connected by an interest.

In a large population and/or over enough time, seemingly unlikely things will happen.

If you roll the dice enough times, you will eventually get four sixes in a row.

While you see these as isolated instances, you have thousands of interactions with reality every day, and so the probability of such seeminly unlikely connections becomes very likely.

Of course, it could be something paranormal or supernatural. However, if it is, this is a weak example. I've had things like that happen to me often, and even with Payne! I've chatted in a topic where Payne posted and then seen a video of him, and then shortly afterward I saw an article by him in magic magazine. I didn't attribute those coincidences to anything amazing.

Payne is an excellent magician. He's in magic magazines, on video, on podcasts, and message boards, and I've heard he attends some conventions. Now, if someone was an active magician who actively pursued magic information and they never heard his name, that would be amazing!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
The elephant in the room, of course, is the flying spaghetti monster.
Michael Kamen
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Ah, but I believe in some metaphysics Michael. The philosophy of "Logical Positivism" is not supported by science. However, saying much more than that isn't allowed here.

I'm even open to the idea that something is amazing happening to RussoMagic, I just doubt it. I don't reject that possibility that I'm wrong, particularly when I can't prove that I'm right.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
A slightly different view is that everyone has and harbors a collection of "inexplicable phenomena" as a foundation for an appreciation of magic. These events may be from direct experience or "learned stuff" like fairy-tales.

One the "real" side there is:

* observed phenomena that had "something left over" despite attempts to find a ration explanation
* phenomena for which we do not seek an explanation though laziness, influence by others, or perhaps because we enjoy the warm-fuzzies over problem solving
* apparent phenomena constructed by our minds in an attempt to link simuli into patters or causes -- saying to oneself, "It is magic" is better that admitting defeat in the attampt
etc.

This makes "magic" both personal and relational to experience -- the only commonality being that everyone has some. It is this trust in magic appreciation that allows us as "magic pretenders" to confidently engage a strange audience.

However, as folks today has less and less direct experiences as opposed to vicarious ones, I fear that "magic appreciation" may change to "it's fantasy" or "nothing is impossible now" or "hand of God."

Decades ago an exploration into a person's view of "awe and wonder" would lead to a personal story. Today it leads to an argument over what is the best SuperBowl ad.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Thanks Michael, I agree with you the flying spaghetti monster for sure. Thanks Funsway, I like your thoughts. They are very interesting. I agree with you about the 'awe and wonder'; hopefully that will change in time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Controlling The Magic Enviroment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL