The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Mental trick I will try to do (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
The basic ideas are obviosly not mine (they come from Corinda and Maven and probably from other authors too) but I've never done this effect in this way.

I will try: very simple but interesting!

I will give a deck of PSI cards to a spectator, and I will say I will try to do a "double" thought transmission. I will try to read at first the mind of the spectator, and then I will try to send my thought to another spectator, who sits blindfolded at the opposite side of the room and gives his back to us.

We procede this way: the first spectator can either choose mentally one of the PSI card and then put that card face down on the table (I cannot see what's choosen!) or he/she can select really casually one of the cards of the deck, see it and put it face down on the table. I will sit at that table and will put my hands over the selected card, but I absolutly will never see the face of that card.

The other spectator is meanwhile sitting blindfolded...

At first I will concentrate trying to receive the symbol from the first spectator... And soon I will say happy: "Received!". To prove later what's just happened, I will write the symbol on a piece of paper. Nobody will see what I write.

Then, after a while, I will say: "Transmitted!". And I will pretend to be very tired...

After a while, the other spectator will tell or write the right symbol casually choosen or thought by the first spectator.

The experiment can be repeated, and the only words I will say will be "Received" and then "Transmitted", in the same way and with the same voice tone of the first time!

--------------------------------------

Don't know what you think about this simple routine, but I've written my idea, so that I will remember it and use it on the right occasion.

It's very simple, and it uses only 2 "magical principles", which are really very easy, and 1 magical "prop" (which I already own)! Or maybe one "magical principle" used is not so easy to understand for laymen...
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
P.S. There are obviously many ways to do the effect I've described, but I must specify that the "magical prop" used is not an expensive one: I've payed 15 Euros to have it! Smile
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Is this stage act since we both new Smile
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
I don't understand well what you mean... You think both spectators are "actors" who play a role and they already know from the beginning the symbol?

No, it's not so. Nobody knows the symbol at the beginning, and I've specified that the symbol can be casually selected from the deck.

You could (using the method adopted in this routine) transmit easily to the "receiver" a zodiacal sign (for instance) you have in mind, and nobody of the spectators (which I suppose to be all laymen) will understand how it's done... That's the tricky and interesting part of the routine, which would be otherwise rather clear to some of the spectators!
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Nono I mean is this for stage or it can be done in closeup
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Close-up! Smile But not SO close that spectators could think you have given kicks to the "receiver"!
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
I think its nice I would like to see you perform it and record it so I can learn from you my friend
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Thank you Anas, but you have nothing to learn from me: there are other people here who can teach you really something!

This was an example of a good idea (you must only know the method behind and it's all done): I prefer to "invent" a little my routines, because for me this is the only way to remember something! The methods come from books or well known authors, but then I use to introduce some small variations to create "my own tricks". I think this is a good way for learning: not just copying someone, but using and adapting the many different ideas and principles!
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 15:18, Makus wrote:
Thank you Anas, but you have nothing to learn from me: there are other people here who can teach you really something!

This was an example of a good idea (you must only know the method behind and it's all done): I prefer to "invent" a little my routines, because for me this is the only way to remember something! The methods come from books or well known authors, but then I use to introduce some small variations to create "my own tricks". I think this is a good way for learning: not just copying someone, but using and adapting the many different ideas and principles!

I love to see people performance and I enjoy it

yea you are right its not good to copy and paste I think when you are in inventing mode its better to carry small note pad to write what ever come to your mind because like after 30 min you will forget what you could add extra to the method its usually happen to me when I read lol

well for me I will try to finish the second book and re read the 2 books again and I will try to come with something new

I wish you luck my friend
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Mental trick I will try to do (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL