The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » KEM cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
So, I bought some KEM cards for a trip to Barbados next week. It's humid, and we'll have a pool, so I thought that it would be good to have some cards that would take some serious abuse from moisture. Not to do magic with, I'll be on holiday, but for family card games etc.

These cards arrived today, and, despite what I had read here, they are really very good, in terms of sleights. They are more noisy than paper cards, for certain, but with a light touch that is not really a problem. For fanning, and perhaps other sexier manipulations they might not be so good. But for card magic? These are really okay. I'm fairly used to sleights with a brand new deck, as one or two of my routines start with one, and due to the materials used these will maintain that feeling permanently. So if you like worn in cards, don't try these. However, if you can handle fresh cards then KEM could be very good for you.

2nds and bottoms are good, too.

I'm not saying I'd use these over paper cards, but they're really quite nice.

Tom
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Just a quick post to say thanks for the memories. When I was a kid and into my teens I used to play a Rummy-based game called Kalooki (Kaluki) when my grandparents would come to visit. The cards they used were a pair of KEM bridge decks. Really amazing cards. You could wipe them clean with a cloth. And they didn't bend. Although one card developed a scalloped effect as if had been exposed to heat. But aside from that, a very durable deck. A bit thicker than a normal deck, but that was about the only down side.

Hope your KEM cards are still working for you. Hopefully they're still slippery.

Thanks sgain.

Brett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » KEM cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL